ten ✔

Backstage with the Star Spangled Singers

    "On stage, girls. Five minutes!" Brandt's aide ordered.
    "Where’s my helmet?" one of the singers asked.
    "Has anyone seen Rogers and Stark?" the aide asked looking around and not seeing either of the enhanced.
···············

Steve, Peggy and I stood in a plane piloted by Howard.

    "The Hydra camp is in Krausberg, tucked between these two mountain ranges. It’s a factory of some kind." Peggy explained, and I nodded, my arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed.
    I was angry at Colonel Phillips for not going to rescue the rest of the one-o-seventh, but I was mainly worried... Worried about Bucky...
    "We should be able to drop you right on the doorstep." Howard said.
    "Just get us as close as you can." Steve said looking at my brother, who raised his eyebrows.
    "Woah, woah, woah... What is this "us" that you just said? You are the only one leaving this plane, Rogers." Howard declared as he glanced over his shoulder to Steve and I.
    "Howard.... I am going with Steve."
    "Like hell you are, (Y/n)!" he yelled. "I can't have you getting hurt..."
    "I think I'll survive, Howard. I can help bring back the rest of the one-o-seventh, Steve can't do everything by himself."
    "I'll make sure she's safe, Howard... I gave you my word." Steve said looking at Howard.
    "Yeah... And you better keep it." Howard said staring out the windshield of the plane.
    "You know, you two are gonna be in a lot of trouble at the lab." Steve said to Peggy and Howard, referring to them helping us.
    "And you two won’t?" Peggy asked.
    "Where we're goin’, if anybody yells at us, we can just shoot ‘em." Steve answered.
    "They will undoubtedly shoot back." Peggy retorted.
    "Well, let’s hope this is good for somethin’." I said as I knocked on Steve's shield.
    "Agent Carter, if we’re not in too much of a hurry I thought we could stop off in Lucerne for a late night fondue." Howard said to Peggy as she looked awkwardly at Steve, who was getting ready to parachute.
    "Howard is the best civilian pilot I’ve ever seen. He’s mad enough to brave this airspace, we’re lucky to have him." She said to Steve, he looked up at me and then looked between Peggy and Howard.
    "So are you two…? Do you…? Fondue?" Steve asked awkwardly. I chuckled lightly and shook my head.
    "This is your transponder." she said ignoring Steve's rambling and handing the device to me. "Activate it when you’re ready and the signal will lead us straight to you."
    "Are you sure this thing works?" Steve asked raising an eyebrow.
    "It’s been tested more than us, Steve." I stated, smiling up at him.
    Just then the plane started to be attacked by enemy forces. Steve looked at me and held out his hand, I grabbed it and we walked to the opened door of the plane and prepared to jump.
    "Get back here! We’re taking you all the way in." Peggy yelled at us.
    "As soon as we're free, you turn this thing around and get the hell outta here!" Steve strenly ordered.
    "You can’t give me orders!" Peggy argued.
    "The hell I can’t! I’m a Captain!" Steve said with a small smirk, I chuckled lightly as Steve looked down at me. He looked down at the drop and we jumped out of the plane.
···············

In the Hydra factory Schmidt and Zola walked side by side through the workspace.

    "As you can see, production of the Valkyrie is progressing on schedule, even with components of this size." Zola explained.
    "Increase the output by sixty percent and see to it our other facilities do the same." Schmidt ordered.
    Zola looked at him, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. "But there prisoners, I’m not sure they have the strength."
    "Then use up what little strength they have left, Doctor. There are always more workers." Schmidt said nonchalantly.
    "Not now!" Zola yelled at someone approaching him with a clipboard.
···············