Part 22 - Surprise!

(Y/N)'s POV:

           I looked out of the window to catch a glance up at the rising sun. It's been a while since I have seen day light. I make my way over to the window and open the curtains. "My little (Y/N)," I hear Laito calling from across the room. "Why are you so enchanted by that light? I don't think I'll ever fully understand you," he laughed at me. You don't need to understand me. I don't care if he does. Do I not? 

          I turned back to face Laito, "it has just been so long since I have been able to get a good glance up at the sun. I miss it," I confessed, telling a vampire that I wanted to spend some time in the sun was more difficult than it seemed. "Maybe we should go for a walk, it is really nice out. Not too hot, not too cold," trying to make it seem like a good idea, I beckoned him with my hand to join me on the balcony.

        Laito got up, he was laying on the bed. "Come to think of it, we have never went on a date, yet we are having a child together. Why don't we consider it a date? I'll take you to a place where there is a wonderful view," he grabbed my waist, pulling me into him.

        That sound great..! But where does he plan to take me? Maybe I shouldn't ask. I have learned to ask little questions with my time spent with Laito. I doubt I will be able to understand half of what vampires do.  "Yeah, that sounds great! When should we head out?" I hugged him with a smile, I stood on my toes to give him a peck on the cheek. He is just doing this to kill you, Laito doesn't actually love you.  My thoughts temporarily halted me, it is a plausible idea. But Laito would never do that, of course.

        "(Y/N)..?" he whispered my name softly, "are you feeling alright? You appear to be sicker than the usual," he commented on how unusually light my skin was that day. I do feel ill. I am sure it is just because of the pregnancy. There is nothing to be concerned about, I know I am fine. It reassures me to hear him speak like that to me. It proves that he shows concern. "We could hold off the date to tomorrow, would that be better for you? You have been through a lot, you should take a break," he suggested, caressing my hair, running his fingers through it. "... As soft as always."

          I looked up towards hime with a blush on my cheek, "no, we don't have to. I rarely get to spend quality time with you. I want to go out with, like on a nice walk every once in a while. Maybe, when our child is born, we could go on a walk with him or her," I suggested, I pulled him into the dim sunlight on the balcony. "What do you say?"

        "I am fine with that as long as I get some sugar," I laughed at his response and kissed him once again. "Now your just teasing me," he leaned down and started to kiss my neck. He nuzzled his nose into my skin and giggle. "Ah~ you're skin is always so soft... is softer than a rose petal, or of silk..." he continued to drench me in his rough kisses. Laito's kisses are always this rough, but they are gentle at the same time. He really knows how to be passionate.

Time Skip; (Y/N)'s POV:

       Laito seemed irritated in the sunlight, so we decided to walk down a shaded trail. The sunlight did not reach us as much because the trees blocked it. There were spots of light and darkness meshing together. I held Laito's arm, leaning against him. "We should do this more often..." my voice faded off, I was content in the moment. I wouldn't mind if this feeling were to last forever. "I want to be with you like this in nature," I smiled up towards him, grasping his arm tightly.

        "You smell so nice," he laughed at me, "just what are you thinking of?" I was taken by surprise. I forgot that he is a vampire... he can smell emotions. Well, that makes my life a lot easier.

       "You should already know what I am thinking about. I am thinking about us," I walked in front of him to block his way. I pointed towards the opening in the trees. "Look, it is sunset already," I beckoned him toward the opening, which lead to a steep cliff. I pulled him down into the grass. "Sit with me, we can watch it together!"

       As we sat down, he put his hands on my shoulders, pushing me down into the earth. "It's been long since I have tasted you," Laito blushed with me, "can I have a sip? I want to taste you and our child," he unbuttoned my shirt, pulling the sleeves down my arms.

      I could feel Laito's breath on my neck, warm and moist. "Haha..." I moaned out, my face a bright red. "Laito- that tickles," I grabbed his shoulders, playfully attempting to push him away. He grabbed my back, pulling me closer him. Laito began to lightly kiss my neck, giving me warm kisses on my chest and chin. He sucked on my neck, leaving his marks, yet he didn't bite me.

        "Ah~ I forgot your unique taste... in fact, in has changed quite a bit," Laito pulled me closer to him. He whispered in my ear, "did you know... that when virginity is lost, their blood changes... it is nice knowing that I made your blood this way, it is more proof about how I control you... ha..." he sank his fangs into my porcelain skin. The blood squirted from my neck like a fountain.

        I have always wondered, "what does my blood taste like?" I asked. I watched his hat fall to the ground. Laito refused to answer me, instead he feasted on me like I was a holiday dinner prepared for one. The pain that pierced me, it felt amazing. I had pleasure shoot out from the site of the bite. I began to moan, grasping his arms. Laito's saliva warmed my body. I was content with feeling. My heart filled with belonging. My insides churned. "Laito... I don't-" I pushed myself away from him, my abdomen ached. I held myself, curling into a ball. The pain prevented me from speaking. "... feel... so-Ah..." a thick liquid dripped down my legs. Then, it hit me. "Why here...? Why now...? Am I giving birth?" I looked up at the orange sky. My stomach tightened and released. I couldn't help but scream.

        I grabbed Laito's arm, he pulled me up, leaning me against himself. "I'll call one of my brothers to help us. Reiji might having something to help you with the pain," he dialed one of his brothers in a second. Laito conversed with Reiji, who said that he would bring something to loosen my muscles and make the birth easier to deal with.

       Almost an hour passed before I heard a car pull up into the distance. Since the bush was so thick, I couldn't see it. Laito put me down on the ground and ran over to the car. Laito came back with e Reiji, who was holding a flask.

      "Honestly," started Reiji, "you couldn't have burst at another time? How troublesome," he glanced down at me with the liquid in hand. He knelt down, pouring it into my mouth. "This is designed to help with the pain as well as speed the birth. When Laito first found at you were pregnant, he asked me to concoct something of this sort," within minutes, I was relaxed. There was still a soreness, a sting and pain. But nothing of what I had been feeling before.

        So... 6 months ago, Laito asked Reiji to help me...? That's so sweet of the both of them. I'm worried, though. It's only been 6, maybe 7, months... why is my child coming now? I am barely in my second trimester. My child will be sick. You made it sick. Your child is your fault. If you could be better, it wouldn't have been born this way. It will loath you until your body is thoroughly burnt to a crisp. How cruel...

       Now, all that I felt was a pressure between my thighs. I looked towards the moon, which was now high in the sky. I heard a faint crying. Laito looked down at our child, he was surprised at what he saw. "Laito..." I beckoned my arm at him, "what's wrong..?" Him nor Reiji answered me as quick as I would have liked them to.