6

(57 hours before permanent residency)

" So, let me get this straight..."

Jughead's legs were spread out on Archie's couch. Betty sat right next to him with her arms gripping his sides. Stud stood idly by the entrance of the redhead's living room.

They had just told him of what happend so far that night, as well as Betty's new boyfriend and his strange powers. Archie, being the blonde's best friend since diapers (and ex-boyfriend) , was confused on how he wasn't even aware of Jughead's presence in her life until now. Though, the whole "Bringing book characters to life" thing confused him even more.

He chuckled. "I haven't spoken to you in two months ever since you've broken up with me. I called you god knows how many times. And now, for the first time in forever, you've come to ask for my help on bringing some non-existent bad guy back into his book."

She laughed awkwardly.

"Uh, yeah. I guess that's one way to summarize it."

Jughead spoke up as he looked at his watch impatiently. 

"Look, like we've explained, in detail,  this guy is powerful, he's manipulative, and he's especially smart. We need to make up a plan before we all die in the next two and a half days."

He tried to sit up, but his severed big toe begged to differ.

"Juggie, just relax, okay?" The girl spoke softly.

He smiled weakly. Archie's eyes rolled in disinterest.

"There's no 'we' in this plan you're making. I don't want to be a part in any of this crap." He spat out.

Stud butted into the conversation. Jug noticed how mad he had become as he took the other boy from the hem of his T-Shirt and pushed him against a bookshelf, the paperbacks falling off its shelves in stacks.

"Listen here, you ass. The only reason we're here is because the blonde said you'd be helpful. And right now, you're not doing much. I think you owe it to her to help us if you want New York to  stay just like how Frank Sinatra described it."

Andrews pushed himself off him and adjusted his clothing.

"Don't tell me what to do in my own house. All of you, out."

They looked at each other as if they were asking themselves if they should.

Betty walked up to him slowly, trying her best not to provoke him more.