7

(56 hours before permanent residency)

"I'm going to break every bone in his body."

Stud swore as he paced the kitchen floor, the stench reeking his entire body.

"She's fine. She's fine." He whispered to himself.

Jughead looked up at his friend in thought. He decided that he couldn't sit down and mope. His sister was out there, all alone. He had to save her, to get her out of that monster's grasp. He stood up and grabbed his keys.

He was going to get her back, no matter the circumstances.

He grabbed the other boy by the shoulder, dragging him out of the apartment and back into the corridor while locking it.

Stud's body shook nervously as they walked, shuddering beyond compare.

Jug chuckled. "James, don't worry, she'll be safe. We'll find her."

The other sighed. "That amount of blood scares me, Jug. You really think that she's even alive?"

The other growled at his words. "DON'T SAY THAT!"

"G-god, sorry!" Stud choked out.

"It's fine...let's try visiting Veronica. Like we planned earlier." He replied.

"Good Idea."

The two walked back to the car in awkward silence, both of their minds lost in their own fears of what's to come.

***

"No, I haven't seen her all day actually. That sneaky bitch didn't even go to our lunch reservation at Jamie Oliver's!" Veronica laughed out once the boys mentioned her best friend. Apparently, they were in some sort of quarrel with each other.

Typical, Jughead thought.

She sat back on her couch, stretching out her legs to relax. Her hands dusted off a bowl of raspberries as she spoke with the two.

She quirked her head. "Why? Did she run off?"

Stud stiffened up, nudging the other boy. Jughead brought his hands together and sat down.

"She's missing, Ronnie."

Suddenly, her snarky face melted into a mix of fear and terror.