1.1

"Housekeeping... housekeeping!"

Tailor picked up her two month old daughter off the hotels queen sized bed to ensure she didn't fall while she answered the door

"No service today"

"Uh you pay front desk" the house keeping lady ask in her broken English

"No but I called and told them I'd pay by noon they said it was fine"

"Ok. If you no pay by noon you have to check out then check back in so I can clean"

Rolling her eyes Tailor shut the door in her face. Dealing with this shit everyday other day was getting tiring. Picking up her phone she called her babies father to see where he was at. She had called him early this morning letting him know she couldn't pay for the hotel today because last night she didn't make enough tips to pay for the room, diapers and milk for their daughter, and then feed her selfed. After a lot of bitching and moaning Devon assured her he'd make it down there to pay for it. But that was hours ago and he still hadn't shown up.

Once Devon declined her call, Tailor began to prepare for the worst. After strapping her baby in her car seat She packed up everything her and her daughter own getting it ready to load up in her small 1996 Honda Civic. It was already thirty four minutes past eleven and it didn't look like Devon was coming.

Worst case scenario she'd just check out drop her baby off to Devon's mother go to work and once she got off hopefully she'd make enough tips at the diner to get them a room. If not she'd just have to suck it up kiss Devon's moms ass and beg her to keep the baby over night while she slept in her car.

If there was anybody in this world she hated as much as her own parents it was Devon's mom. At first she seemed so sweet and down to earth and once Tailor had became pregnant all hell broke lose in her parents home, Devon's mother, Daneeda, took Tailor in with open arms.

That sweet old lady act immediately went out the window. Daneeda was constantly making Tailor feel unwelcome. She was always bitching that Tailor was eating up too much of the food, Tailor took to long showers, and so much other shit. It was like Tailor was walking on egg shells from the moment she woke up to the time she went to bed. And then it didn't help that the day Tailor turned eighteen Daneeda basically conned her into going to payday loan places with fraudulent check stubs. She had her taking loan after loan out with no intentions of paying it back. She opened credit cards in Tailors name. Order iPhones for her and all her children while Tailor didn't have a phone at all. Once their electricity got cut off and Daneeda basically told Tailor if she didn't switch it over to her name she'd kick her out. At this point Tailor was almost nine months pregnant and had to do what she had to do for a place to live. But within the first week of her daughter being on this earth Daneeda was fed up didn't want to deal with that gotdamn crying so she kicked them out, and of course Devon's bitch ass did nothing.

Now at eighteen Tailor was homeless, with bad credit, owed the electric company $2,683.91, had a two month old baby, no stability, a bucket of a car that was soon to break down, and no high school diploma.

It was crazy how fast her life had changed one minute she was just starting her senior year of high school on the cheer team, president of the Black Student Alliance, on honor roll and then she was pregnant, kicked out of her parents home, and a drop out.

She truly saw her baby girl as a blessing but she really wished she wouldn't have been so stupid and waited till she was ready for a kid or maybe even if she had her parents support she would've been better off.

A loud knock erupted from the room door looking at the digital clock on the night stand it read 11:58. Tailor wanted to scream cry and yell but she knew none of that would help the situation.

She put on her backpack stuffed with some of her clothes, pulled the luggage handle out, threw her babies diaper bag over her shoulder, then picked up the car seat and carefully walked to the door.

"Where you going?" Devon asked once spotting all the bags and his sleeping daughter in her hands

"I thought you weren't coming I was getting ready to check out" she sighs grateful that Devon for once finally kept his word and came through. She put her baby down and placed the bags on the floor making a mental note to unpack before she left for work

"I told you I'd be here", Devon speaks before closing the door behind him and plopping down onto the comfy bed and resting his eyes

"I just had to make a few things shake before I came. Idk why yo bougie ass gotta stay in these nice hotels, you ain't gone ever save up for a place if you keep paying this one fifty a night. You can pay 350 a week at that one place"

"And have me and my baby getting bit by bed bugs sleeping with rats and roaches I'll pass"

"You sign up for that housing program my mom told you bout" Devon ask

"Yea I did and they want us to stay in a shelter for 90 days before they can move me into those apartments. If it was just me I'd have no issue doing it maybe if I could depend on you to keep her for ninety days I would but my baby won't be in no fucking filthy ass shelter" Tailor expresses her frustrations. She was irritated that Devon got to chose and pick when to be apart of their child's life. Tailor didn't get that every second of her day was spent making sure their little girl was good so it really baffled her when Devon came around talking out the side of his neck like shit was just so simple

The babies small cries erupted in the room. Tailor waited seconds to react just to see if Devon would get her but once he just laid in the same spot she got her baby

"This is what the fuck I'm talking bout Devon you don't even know how to take care of your child. You let your fucking mom kick out your newborn baby in the middle of the night not giving one damn and than you wanna come in here tryna tell me wtf to do with my child"

"Man I ain't come here for this shit" Devon got up grabbing his car keys ready to leave

At this point it didn't even surprise Tailor that's all Devon ever did was run.

"I paid the hotel for a week don't call me unless it got to do with Abree" he slams the door behind him

Although Tailor was pissed she was happy paying for the hotel for the week was one less thing she'd have to worry about