A hint from the past

By the time the pizzeria opened,Michael reached the hospital.

"I-i'm here,I came as soon as I could!What happened?!" He asked while pushing Jeremy and Susie aside.

Gabriel was awake,staring down and frowning.

"Oh gosh,I shouldn't have dragged you in all of this...I'm so sorry" He continued and,with a quick movement,hugged him then turned to the others.

"See?This is way I always did on my own! B-because I didn't want to get anyone else involved!"

"Mike;You didn't even force us to do this,WE aksed for your help!" Susie pouted.

"I know,I know,just! No no no,it wasn't supposed to go like this!" Michael said while shoving his fingers through his messy hair.

"Huh?"

"Y-you checked the doors,right?He COULDN'T come in! Not even from the windows,he can't move that much with the suit! I-I must have calculated something wrong!" Michael walked in circles trying to get rid of the stress.

Again,Susie stood and stopped in front of him,grabbed his shoulder and slapped him.

". . ."

"You good?"

"I needed that." The boy let out a soft sigh.

"Sorry,it's just...I've been awake the entire night."

"Why's that? A-and...Who where you talking on the phone with?W-we tried to call you!" Jeremy tilted his head.

"O-oh?Psh,I'm sure it was just the thunderstorm giving my phone some problems!"

"...But there wasn't a-" Jeremy was interrupted.

"Err,anyways!Gabriel,didn't you see where He came from?"

The man shook his head. "No...I was right there in front of the door and he p-popped out from nowhere. " He sighed tiredly.

"...Oh,c'mon,that's impossible! There must be somewhere where he came in from..." Mike pressed his tempers,trying to focus.

"Anything?"

"...Might sound stupid,but I'm really out of ideas."

"It's okay,i-it's just the stress maybe." Jer smiled sadly.

"I guess you're right. I need some time to think."

He covered himself with the hood again and walked towards the door. He looked up,feeling like they were following him.

"...Alone,I meant."

"But Michael,what if He-"

"He won't attack me. You see,it's like cats and lizards:The cat plays with its prey until the end. For now it's all a game...and all of us are preys. So it's better if you stay all together with Gabriel and watch over him,alright? I can take care of myself." And with a slight smile,he left;Right outside the door,there was a doctor.

"Good morning,doc'." Mike chuckled quietly.

The man turned around,blinking a few times and fixing his glasses.

"H-huh?Uhm,good morning...sir?How can I help you?"

"No way,you don't recognize me?" He laughed while running a finger across his own face,removing the makeup and revealing a stripe of purple skin.

The doctor widened his eyes as a smile formed through his face.

"...Mike??"

"And who else?"