Daddy issues

The boy stepped among the tables,in the middle of the party room. It wasn't midnight yet,and outside it had started to rain.

"I'm here now. I'm alone,no weapons,no tricks."

A chuckle echoed in the building.

"How honest of you;You barely look like an Afton."

With a slight,sarcastic smile of his,Michael turned around just to face the Spring Bonnie suit standing a few meters away from him.

"It's hard to tell from your tone,but I'll take that as a compliment. However,my only intention is to talk."

"Ah,I see. Last words?"

"Last words. Even tho I hope to be as good as you at making people change mind." Mike laugehd,followed by Dave's chuckle.

"Well then,how can I refuse a talk with such compliments? Ten minutes more or ten minutes less,I guess it doesn't matter at this point."

"Why thank you,dad. If you even remember you are one. However,you've always asked us why are we going further,what is pushing us to do so? Well... It's my turn to ask:Why are you doing this?Why do you insist on going further? Isn't what you achieved already enough? All the lives you took,all families you ruined and the souls you broke...What's the point?"

The other was silent,with no intention to answer. Mike proceeded.

"...Seems like I'll talk by myself then. You didn't just ruin other families,such Henry's,but your own family in the first place. Did you forget that,between those broken souls,there were Elisabeth and Max? What about mom? Not even her was spared... And all because you couldn't accept her death,you doomed her to eternal pain,just like everyone else. The pain made you blind,the rage made you forget. And me,who was the only one left? You didn't think we could have supported each other after all that,no... You chose to keep going on the wrong way by yourself and get rid of me. Am I not Mickey anymore? The one you'd bring on your shoulders,at the park with mom and buy ice cream so that after a long day of work,you could see smile? It's true,mom is gone. But that was never a good reason to change,you used it as an excuse to close yourself in the walls of your office. Even Henry,who first enjoyed your friendship,wants to see you dead. Can you see what you did? Can you see how far you went?

But to me,it was never too late. To me,you're still my father. If you let me help you,we can free them together,take them away from the pain! The police? I won't tell them anything about you. I am ready to go to prison and hopefully avoid death penalty,perhaps losing 30 or more years of my life in a cage,if you're ready to change. Please,you can go back. And even if they're not here anymore,to Max and Eli you're still a great dad...and to mom,you're still Wil-"

"Time's over." The first playful and quiet voice of the man now sounded serious and emotionless.

Mike stared at the gun pointed towards him;Not scared or panicked,but disappointed in him and himself,other than upset.

"...I'm guessing this is it."

"It is. It'll be done,once and for all."

"...Thank you for listening,tho."

"Pointless words." He said coldy as his finger laid on the trigger.

Michael didn't try to react,not at all. All he did was stand there,for he knew he had failed his promise and there was nothing to do anymore,but to grieve.

"Michael!" Gabriel ended up crying,falling on his knees and with his shaking hands on the door. Henry and Susie weren't having a much different reaction,one tried to hold back the tears as the other sobbed weakly.