Chapter 9

Ashley POV

"You did the right thing. He has to move on" Nic said. I told her about Conrad.

"Does that mean that it's over?" I asked. She looked down.

"I cannot...he's difficult" she said. 

"Well...I know someone who is less difficult for you" I smirked.

"Well...I know that you can manage someone difficult" she smirked back.

"You just told me that you were over and now you want me to hit on him" I gave a scoff.

"He deserves someone better. And you deserve someone. It's a win-win" she said.

"People should really stop telling me that" I said just as Bradley came into view.

"Finally yes. I can't wait to get home and take a long hot shower and then sleep" we chuckled.

"Followed by, you know, more sleep" he added.

"You are not driving, are you?" I asked. "Oh, hell no" he answered.

Bell came in. "Bradley,I'll need you in one of my surgeries later this afternoon" he said.

"Whoa, wait, he just completed a 30 hour shift" Nic said. Bell looked at us then Bradley.

"I'm sorry. Bradley, do you need to go home and rest?" He asked. Bradley looked at him in fear.

"No.....No sir, Dr. Bell" he said. I gave a defeated look. Bell walked away.

"So, that happened" Bradley said walking away.

I took the iPad from Nic and felt like throwing it away.

"What?" She asked. I showed her the screen.

"Bell's doing Christine's and Ed's surgeries at the same time?" she asked.

"Well looks like we should talk to our not so difficult man" I said. Both of us shared a worried look.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I found Jude getting into the elevator and ran to catch him. I got in just in time.

"Hey, can you do a triple 'A' surgery.." he cut me off.

"Yeah, Nic said me" he said. I raised my eyebrows. "Damn, she is fast" I whispered.

"Guess you have to talk to someone else about it." He said. "Who?"

"Conrad. Pretty much came to bite the head off my neck" he said. Why would he do that?

"I'll see if I can talk to him" I said. He nodded. The doors opened and I walked outside.

"Ash!" Devon shouted and came running towards me.

"If you trying to get help in case of York, then nope" I said.

"Yes, its York" I rolled my eyes. "But it's not what you think it is. Bell told me to present York's case to him" he said. I scrunched my eyebrows.

"He's doing his surgery" he said. My eyes went wide. Three surgeries in the hands of Bell.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just as I expected. It's always destruction in Bell's hands.

He already had two surgeries and Christine's  aneurysm broke. So she had to get into surgery.

Jude was not available as he had his own surgery and Bell had to do all three surgery. And guess what the result is.

They saved Christine and York. Removed the wrong testicle from Ed. And Jude's patient died because he had a bleeding disorder which no one knew about.

Conrad's POV

We just came out from the M&M conference where Bell very nicely and cleverly turned the blame on Okafor.

I noticed Ash sitting on a chair alone with her head on her hands covering her face. She chose not to attend the meeting.

I went and sat next to her and placed a hand on her back. She noticed me.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked. She sat straight. "Yeah..I was just waiting for you guys. How did it go?"  She asked. I sighed.

"We know Bell. Mina was the bait" I said.

"Mina needs to really stop helping him" I added. "Yeah. Thanks to her. At least lives are being saved" she said. We both knew that was true.

"So..back today. You told me that people are in need of me." Her eyes fell on me.

"Did you refer to someone?" I added. She looked down at her hands fiddling her fingers.

"I did" she said. I looked at her intently. Our eyes met.

"The patients" she said. "They need you." She added. She was not telling something. I could figure it out from her face.

"I'm always here to help them" I said. She gave a short smile.

"I heard you went pretty rogue today on Jude" she said. "Is it because of Nic?" She asked.

"Maybe...guess I should listen to you. I must move on. Find someone nice" I said looking down.

"You will." She said. I looked again at her. "Thank you" I said. We just stood there not telling anything.

"I should go, you coming?" I asked. "I should get my things. Go on, I'll be good" she said standing up. She gave me a small nod and went to take her things.

I stood up and made my way outside. I checked my phone while I noticed Nic and Jude getting into his car together.

I stood there looking at them till there car disappeared. I turned to the other side and saw Ashley getting into her car.

I thought I couldn't get over with Nic. But why am I feeling so good around Ashley? Any problem, anywhere, anytime...just looking at the Ashley's face soothes me.

Is this what I think it is? Does she feel the same way? I gave out a loud breath and walk forward to come face to face with the man I hate the most in this world.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to see you."

"You look good son" he added.

Read. Vote. Comment.