Chapter 29

Ashley POV

I just met Nic in the detention center. They set her up for a felony.

I entered the hospital and Conrad came towards me. "You good?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just met Nic. Guess we have to bail her out" I said.

"We'll get her out" he said. "Her sister?" I asked.

"Yeah, I convinced her to got to Therapy. She's fine" he said. We heard siren. They rushed in with a patient.

"28 year old male, post heart transplant hypotensive, with laboured breathing and a weak pulse" it was Micah. Mina was with him.

Me and Conrad rushed towards them.

"Get us up to speed. Sudden collapse, shortness of breath, thready pulse" Conrad said.

"Possible cardiogenic shock?" Devon asked.

We all rounded him. "What's his BP?" I asked checking his heart.

"80/40 in the ambulance" Mina said. Dr. Peterson of cardio came in.

Just then another patient came in, officers strolling her in. Looked like she had an accident. We were still seeing Micah.

"I'll see that" I said and rushed towards her. "Tell me what you've got" I said.

"Tina, 30. Car ran into her. Expected heavy internal bleeding. Struggling to breathe. Weak pulse BP 60" they informed.

I checked her pulse. She tried hard to breathe. "Pa....pace...." She struggled to get works out.

"Alright, Tina I want you to calm down okay. We are going to find what is wrong with you" I said.

They strolled Micah out towards the elevator. Suddenly Tina jumped up and fell back the bed.

"What was that?" The nurse asked. "I don't know" I said. She struggled even to move.

"Hey hey, Tina...calm...calm..." She jumped again. Conrad and Devon rushed towards us.

"What is happening?" Conrad asked. She jumped again. "Why is she doing that?" Devon shouted holding her.

It stroke me. "Hey hey...Tina...look at me..look at me.." I said holding her face making her to look at me.

"Do you have a pacemaker?" I asked. She nodded.

"A defib?" She nodded again.

"That's it. It's her defib. It's giving her the shock"I shouted. Tina jumped again we all held her.

"Ash, she had her third jump. One more, she's dead" Conrad said. And her lines became flat.

"That's asystolic" Devon shouted.

"Her implant in defibrilating her randomly. Could be due to the impact of the car" Conrad said.

"We need an I.C.D magnet to deactivate it" I said. "No time, by the time the nurse get that from Cardiology she's gone" Conrad said.

I have to do something. "I want gloves and a scapel NOW!" I shouted.

"What..What are you doing?" Dr on asked. They handed me the gloves.

"We are going old school." I said as I took the scapel and slowly put an incision in her third intercostal space.

"Ash, that could electrocute you" Conrad said. I looked at him.

"Yeah, I figured that out. Once I cut it out, I want you rush her to Trauma" I said. Devon nodded.

I slowly looked for the wire that lead to her heart. I  took it with the scaple.