Chapter 10

Ashley POV

"So, nothing happened yesterday?" I asked narrowing my eyes at Nic.

"No...nothing happened" she said. "I like to believe you, but something tells me that you are lying" I said.

"I'm not. I swear." She said. Then her expression changed.

"What is it?" I asked. "I don't think Conrad is gonna take this smooth." She said.

"You think he'll react" I said. She looked at me. "Will you talk to him?" She asked.

"What...are you serious. I would be last person he would talk to about this" I said.

"Look...if there is one person with whom he's in good zone is you. Just try out" she said. I gave a nod.

We noticed Lane and Devon talking to Lily. "Hey..what's the matter?" I asked.

"Lane just confirmed that Lily is good to go for a bone marrow transplant" she said. I gave a worried look.

"And Lane took me out of her team. I'm not suppose to tend to Lily more" she added.

"Get in Devon. Explain it to him. Tell him to look after Lily" I said. She nodded.

Irving placed a food parcel in front of me. I looked confused.

"What is this?" I asked. "Cheese and grits from Silver Skillet" he said.

"Yeah, I figured that. Why are you giving it to me?" I asked.

"I was asked to" me and Nic looked at each other.

"By whom?" She asked. "Conrad" Both mine and Nic's eyes went wide. That's unbelievable.

I scoffed. "You're joking, right?" I asked.

"I love cheese and grits. Why would I joke?" He said. I looked at Nic.

"Last person?" She mocked smirking. That's totally doesn't sound like Conrad.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Conrad continuously paged me. And I knew he was doing it simply.  I  walked out of the elevator and he came right in front of me.

"You found me" he said. "I must find you if you page me for every two minutes" I said as we started to walk together.

"Didn't you get my cheese and grits?" He asked.

"I don't remember telling you that I want you to buy me food. But thanks, Irving loved them" I said.

"You gave my gift to Irving. Come on Ash. You didn't do that" he said.

"Yes, I did. Now what is up with you. Are you sick? Should I check on you?" I asked.

"Me buying you something doesn't mean that I'm not myself" he said.

"Yes, it is..." He cut me off. "I've known you for what 6 years. Am I not suppose to buy you stuff?" He asked stopping in his track.

I looked at him and he gave me what looked like the cutest expression. I sighed.

"Your words. I fall it for Everytime" I said. He chuckled. Nic joined us giving me a smirk again.

"Have you both see Mina? I heard she took on a gang of muggers last night" she said.

"I heard she took on only one" I said just as Irving started to shout.

"I need some help in here! Now!" He shouted opening the screen to reveal him struggling with a patient.

We all ran towards them. Even Mina joined us. We all held h from moving.

"He's going through withdrawal" I said. "He tried to take a chunk out of me!" Mina said.

"Give me two of lorazepam" Conrad said. "Code Gray! Bed Three!" Irving shouted when the nurse came with the injection.

I injected it and he became calm. "God Mina, you should teach us how to fight" I said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was searching for Devon but couldn't find him. I took my phone and called him.

"Where are you?" I asked. "Right, behind you" I turned around and he was indeed.

"I have to talk to you about something." I said. "If this is about Lily and high dosages,then save it. Nic told me everything" he said.

"You're the only one who's having full access to Lily right now. So, I want you to do a full panel on Lily" I said.

"Yeah, but Lane has all the records.." I cut him off. "Yeah, don't start again. Do something and get the full panel" I said.

"I'll make sure of it" he said. "Thank you"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was standing at the balcony of the hospital and was having caffeine.

I noticed Lane and Conrad talking down. She is his mentor and I've been accusing her of insurance fraud. No wonder why he doesn't believe me.

I saw Jude join them. But Conrad snapping at Jude and walking away. He must he angry with the whole Nic thing.

I saw him ascending the stairs and stood at the top of it. Once he came into view I spoke up.

"Why do you look like you've about to bite somebody's head off his neck?" I asked.

"Because I may." He said. "I'm here to hear" I said.

"I convinced a patient with unknown chronic pain to stay and let me try and help him, but then, Wilmot gets in. Pissed me off" he said.

"Well, if Wilmot is the problem then why are you reacting at Jude?"

"Because he wants to remove Nigel's gallbladder without even knowing the source of his pain" he said.

"Hey.." I caught his hand and made him to stop. "Do not give me a lecture" he said.

"I'm not going to. But if you want to talk about anything, you know that I'm here, right?.....Look I know your going through lot of stuff. So talk it out" I said. He didn't respond.

I patted his shoulder and walked away from him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I busted into Nigel's room. He was on the floor seizing. Conrad and Devon we're helping him.

"What the hell happened?" I asked as they injected him with Lorazepam.

"Last I saw him, he was drinking his colonoscopy prep solution" the nurse informed.

"Where's Dr. Wilmot?" Devon asked. There was no answer.
"Let me guess, you paged him...no response" Conrad said. The nurse nodded her head.

Me and Conrad shared a look. People here never learn.

Read. Vote. Comment.