09. 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗺𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿

BEING CONFINED AND ALONE BECAME ALL TOO FAMILIAR FOR ESZTER. To feel trapped in a confined space for days upon days, merely a puppet in a puppet show as Eszter had to continue displaying her powers for Strucker. The privacy she desired was stripped from her when she was placed in the room, Eszter would be displayed like a wild animal, a show and tell. Even if her life was no longer the same before the experiment, Eszter yearned for the feeling of comfort, one without several eyes ogling her.

     However, Doctor List continued to note their powers. With the twins and Eszter in isolation, it granted the doctor to analyze the results, jotting down information as they progressed over the next few days. Two volunteers having similar abilities, while another poses as another. Doctor List was bemused to discover that the male subject didn't collect the same telekinetic abilities like the female, but having superhuman speed is just as perfect. Pietro would remain untouchable with the speed he has, and the boy can slip in and out of places without being stopped. If anything, Pietro's speed could easily take out an army.

     The Avengers would never see Pietro coming; his speed granted Pietro an easy advantage to sneak up to the group of heroes, ready to take them off-guard. Pietro was the perfect person to hurt the Avengers, whereas Wanda and Eszter can easily tear them apart. The two enhanced females were different, and none of the Avengers will expect something as dangerous as them.

     Bored and irritated, Eszter flings another block into the glass window, but it was too thick for the block to crack through; the enhanced was growing rather tired of her confinement, and lodging the blocks through the window was the only way Eszter could get their attention. Although it had, Strucker grew tired of her actions and chose to ignore the enhanced, which angered Eszter. Realizing that they were avoiding her now, Eszter destroyed everything in her room in retaliation; however, the enhanced didn't seem to prove anything other than the fact that she was powerful.

     A tray with untouched food was still sat on the floor, waiting for the enhanced to consume them, but Eszter avoided it once again. Unlike her siblings, Eszter couldn't bother to devour the food in front of her, allowing it to taunt her of the idea of eating, but the smell and appearance told her mind not to swallow a smidge. However, her plan was beginning to grow futile when her stomach growled loudly, begging Eszter to eat something, desperate for food. As a result, Eszter pulled the tray closer to her with a loud scrape, and the enhanced begrudgingly scoops up the tray. Grimacing at the food, the enhanced suffers through the strong feeling of disgust when she felt the creamy substance of mashed potatoes touch her tongue.

     Suddenly, the backdoor clicks before buzzing loudly that it had caught Eszter's attention. Flicking her eyes up and towards the door, a spork still in her mouth, Eszter watches as two Hydra men barging inside her room. The guns they held were loosely in their grasp, ready to use them if Eszter were to react, but the girl posed no threat. She wasn't ignorant.

     "The food isn't great, by the way," Eszter informs, gagging a little when she sloshes the spork against the mash potatoes. "The potatoes shouldn't be runny."

     "My apologies, Miss Maximoff, our source of cuisines are low," Strucker flashes Eszter a tight smile, approaching the room until he enters. "I believe you've been in here for far too long, yes?"

     "I've lost count."

     "Well, come along, child. You have visitors."

     Strucker exits the room, leaving a confused Eszter behind as she furrows her brows, shifting her gaze between the two soldiers. Finally, the enhanced jumps up from her bed and makes her way towards the exit, glad to be leaving the cell finally. However, Eszter was confused.