13. 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀

"UPON THIS ROCK, I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH."

Klaue opens the secret door to his stash of Vibranium, hidden from hungry eyes and power-hungry people. Inspecting the containers, Klaue snags one before reluctantly handing it over to Ultron. Just one bottle can be worth millions, and Klaue doesn't plan on going away empty-handed; money is money, and he won't be bullied by a bunch of kids and a robot. He will get what he shall in the end.

Ultron takes the Vibranium as he examines it, flipping it. "Vibranium," then Ultron tosses it across to Pietro, who catches it in surprise, feeling the weight nearly drag him down.

Eszter steps beside Pietro to get a better look at the Vibranium, she thought back to Captain America's shield. It didn't look as extraordinary as Eszter had thought, but from what she's heard, Vibranium is rare. Metal like this has never really occurred throughout Eszter's life, and then all of a sudden, Captain America walks around with the world's strongest metal. It turns out the tale is true.

"You know," Klaue's voice peels Eszter away from the Vibranium, the enhanced leans against the wall. "It came at a great personal cost. It's worth billions."

Ultron chuckles. Closing his eyes, remotely transferring the money directly to Klaue. "Now, so are you," he responds just as Klaue's device pings. "It's all under your dummy holdings? Finance is so weird. But I always say, 'keep your friends rich, and you're enemies rich, and wait to find out which is which.'"

Klaue and his partner froze at the familiarity; something about that quote had reminded him of someone he wasn't fond of. Klaue looks away from his device as he turns toward Ultron, practically glaring at the robot in disgust.

One person in this world would say exactly that, and that one person was no friend of Klaue; in fact, he despised the man just as much as Ultron.

"Stark," Klaue dawns.

Eszter crosses her arms as she juts her hip out, but as soon as she heard the name, the enhanced blinks slowly as if she were registering the name. Glancing between Klaue and Ultron, Eszter waited for something to happen. Tony Stark was like a bad taste in the mouth, and you try everything you can to rinse it out.

"What?"

"Tony Stark used to say that . . . to me," Klaue narrows his eyes at Ultron. "You're one of his."

"What? I'm not--! I'm not," Ultron exclaims in anger, suddenly gripping Klaue's arm as the man shrieks fearfully, his eyes widening. Klaue's henchman pulls out his gun, but Wanda quickly shoots out a beam of her powers, forcing the gun down. "You think I'm one of Stark's puppets, his hollow men? I mean, look at me, do I look like Iron Man? Stark is nothing!"

Eszter steps back in shock when Ultron suddenly cuts Klaue's arm. The enhanced steps back and grips Pietro's arm, staring at Ultron wide-eyed; she wasn't expecting that, but she wasn't sure what exactly she had expected. Ultron is a creation of Stark, and if he escaped him, there's no doubt that her robot friend has a strong distaste from Tony.

"I'm sorry. I am sorry . . . ooh, I'm sure that's going to be okay. I'm sorry, it's just I don't understand. Don't compare me with Stark!" Ultron suddenly kicks Klaue in the chin, sending him down the stairs in a heap of cries; his henchman darts after him in a hurry, not wishing the same fate to himself. "Stark is . . . he's a sickness!"

"Awe, junior," a familiar voice spoke from across the room, feigning hurt. Behind Tony was Steve and Thor, both ready to take action if it comes to it. "You're going to break your old man's heart."

"If I have to," Ultron hums.

"Nobody has to break anything," Thor adds.

"Clearly, you've never made an omelet."