20. 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

THEY FINALLY ARRIVE AT THE AVENGERS HEADQUARTERS AND A START TO A NEW BEGINNING. As some of them might be leaving, while some might stay, new faces will merge and become the Avengers' new faces, giving the world a new team of heroes. Each one had grown to know one another, and whether the situation was great or not, the Avengers had slowly become friends. Some might say they were like a family at this point. Family pictures are definitely not as normal as they should.

It was hard to admit that the Avenger's Facility wasn't cool, it was insanely awesome, and Eszter was certain that Pietro would've loved it here. He'd have so much fun running around in this big and open field, running past all the slow-pokes as he would make fun of them. Too slow, he'd say. It's unbelievable how much life can change as quickly as a snap of a finger. Eszter was amazed, to say the least.

"So, this is the Avengers?" Eszter wonders, staring at the building.

"Wait till you see inside," Tony says excitedly.

Eszter was slowly warming up to Tony and his personality the longer she's around him, but the enhanced started to tolerate him more after he had saved her during the fight in the church. It turns out that Tony was quite the funny guy-annoyingly funny, but Eszter will give him the benefit of the doubt. The man wasn't as bad as she had made him out to be. Tony is a little impulsive and is easily offended, sometimes a little too jumpy for his own good.

Humming briefly, Eszter and Wanda walk side-by-side out of the jet and outside, following the Avengers into the building. Now, Eszter wondered where things will be leading them now, after the end of the road. After the siblings had traveled back to America with the Avengers, Eszter and Wanda don't have anything or anyone in this country but for themselves. There was nothing for them here, leaving Eszter wondering where this may lead.

Steve turns to the enhanced, his arms locked behind his back. "You guys did good out there, and if by any chance, you're both welcome to stay here," he suggests. Wanda looks tempted, whereas Eszter was debating internally. "The Avengers are always up for recruits."

It sounded cool and an easier route for Eszter, knowing that there couldn't possibly be any other way out. Maybe becoming an Avenger would be a solution. Eszter had thought about it, but for so long, the enhanced has been yearning for a life where she can celebrate being a teen; growing up, Eszter hadn't been able to go to school and not worry for her safety.

Eszter shook her head, smiling politely. "Thanks, but, uh, no thanks," the group glance at the girl, making her feel a little uncomfortable. "I haven't exactly gotten to live a normal life . . ."

"That's understandable," Steve nods, then he looks at Wanda. "And you?"

Wanda doesn't answer, but there was hesitancy in the air as she glances around almost nervously. Eszter glances up to Wanda, waiting for her to deny the offer. After everything that happened in Sokovia, there was no chance of either of them continuing further with their powers; too much happened because of them, and Eszter didn't want to carry that into the Avengers.

Maybe a little training here and there, Eszter wouldn't mind that if it's possible. The Avengers have to train her, right? But not including becoming an actual Avenger?

"Uh," Wanda licks her lips, feeling a little nervous under Eszter's stare. "Can I talk to Eszter alone?"

Steve nods before gesturing Thor and Tony away, leaving the sisters alone.

Eszter furrows her brows, looking between the group of heroes and back to Wanda. "What is it?" But Wanda stays silent as she pushes a few of her dark hair behind her ear, fiddling with it mindlessly. "Wanda?"