17. 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗱

THE CREATURE STARED AT EACH PERSON, PUZZLED. With no knowledge of who they are or what was happening, the humanoid kept his distance. A creation of life he was; given by the Cradle technology and the help of Vibranium, the humanoid was born into something even he had no clue. A purpose was given to the creature, yet with a mind and purpose of his own, the humanoid is a mystery to the group of heroes.

     His first gaze lands on Wanda, sensing a strange connection with the girl, and it looks like the enhanced had sensed it as well. But there was another connection, one that is just as strong as Wanda's. Eszter tilts her head in curiosity. It was strange; Eszter can feel the connection with the humanoid.

     Confused and unaware of himself, the humanoid shoots forward as if he was going to attack; Thor grabbed the creature and tossed him over his head.

     Staring out the window, the creature pauses for a brief moment when he gazes out into the city before focusing his attention on himself, staring back at his reflection. Tilting his head curiously, the humanoid notices the glowing gem in his head, but the creature was more intrigued by the idea of living.

     Steve and Thor were the first to jump down to the lower level of another room, out of the window where the creature had been thrown out. However, when Steve moved forward to engage the creature, Thor held his arm out, preventing the hero from attempting. He was curious. Thor had seen things the other Avengers have not, and if his theory is correct, Thor is certain this is his best solution.

     Everyone began to make their way towards the sitting area, watching the creature as he morphs clothing to cover his red body, mimicking the ones he's seen.

     "I'm sorry. That was . . . odd," the creature says with sincerity. Turning to Thor, he nods. "Thank you."

     The humanoid eyes Thor's cape, and like a copier, the creature shrugs his shoulders and creates a cape of his own--gold.

     "Thor, you helped create this?"

     "I've had a vision: a whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life, and at its center is that," Thor points at the gem.

     Bruce furrows his brows. "What, the gem?"

     "It's the Mind Stone," Eszter furrows her brows, interested. "It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

     "Then why would you bring it here?" Steve grunts, not pleased that they allowed Ultron's creation possess the Mind Stone.

     "'Cause Stark is right."

     "Oh," Bruce gapes, eyes wide. "It's definitely the end of times."

     "The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron."

     "Not alone," the creature interjects.

     Steve stares at the creature with furrowed brows, recognizing his voice. "Why does your vision sound like J.A.R.V.I.S.?"

     Still baffled, Tony spoke slowly. "We reconfigured J.A.R.V.I.S.'s matrix to create something new," Tony responds.

     "I think I've had my fill of new."

     'Vision' paces the floor, aware of the several eyes that watched his every move. "You think I'm a child of Ultron?"

     Steve raises a brow. "You're not?"

     "I'm not Ultron," Vision denies, though he sounded almost uncertain. "I'm not J.A.R.V.I.S. either. I am . . . I am . . ."

     Wanda steps forward, not believing a word the creature had to say. She didn't trust the Vision. "I looked in your head and saw annihilation."