11. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝘀𝘁, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗶𝗿𝗱, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸

THE AVENGERS RETURNED TO THEIR HEADQUARTERS AFTER THE EVENTS OF SOKOVIA. A mission the succeeded; however, Steve believes they failed the teens they've come across. Hours later, Steve couldn't pull his mind around the three teens, the enhanced-beings that were somewhere in Sokovia. A responsibility that shouldn't be his, but to Steve, he made it his responsibility. Maybe if he can talk to one of them, it'll be like a chain reaction, and there's a chance of the enhanced-beings of turning good. For one thing, Steve didn't like the idea of three enhanced-beings roaming the streets, doing God-knows-what with their powers. It wasn't a good idea, and it makes Steve uneasy knowing they're still out there.

     After Eszter ran from the scene, Steve did his best in searching for the girl in hopes of helping her with whatever trouble she may be in; however, the hero had lost sight of the girl, and she didn't leave a trail, which made it difficult for Steve to track her.

     Being born with a heart of pure gold isn't easy. Steve saw the good in many people, those who were lost and could have a second chance in life, but he knew when to draw the line when it comes to Hydra. Nevertheless, Steve wanted to help as best as possible, even if that means he'd be in the line of fire of the enhanced's abilities. If he wants to make the world a better place, it'll take one person at a time.

     Maria Hill strides forward as her heels clicked against the floor; walking into the aircraft, Maria walks towards Tony. "Labs all set up, boss."

     Tony huffs, pointing to Steve. "Uh, actually, he's the boss," Steve looks up on cue, lost in thought. "I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler."

     Trying not to take offense, which was a little difficult for his ego, Tony spins around in his chair. Telling himself that it was okay and that it doesn't bother him, Tony was a little peeved that he wasn't named the team leader; considering he pays for everything, Tony would say he's the second command--oh wait, that doesn't sound too bad.

     "What's the word on Strucker?"

     "NATO's got him," Maria informs.

     "The three enhanced?"

     Maria clicks her tablet back online as she swipes the screen, pulling up a new page with videos and information regarding the three enhanced. Articles popped up and videos regarding protests, Maria clicks on them. Checking on one of the photos, Maria finds the three together near the front of the protest, each one voicing aggressively. Her tablet scans more onto their faces as more documents appeared on the screen, most of them coming from Hydra after they took Strucker.

     "Wanda and Pietro Maximoff--twins--and younger sister, Eszter Maximoff," Maria hands the tablet over to Steve. "Orphaned at ten and seven when a shell collapsed their apartment building. They lived in Little Darling's Orphanage before a missing child report was filed, but they never put in much work of searching for them. But we can confirm why." Maria pauses, giving Steve a moment to read through the documents before she continues. "Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special, but it's on the way of every special."

     Steve and Maria exit the aircraft and start making their way towards the elevator, passing the tablet back to the woman. "Their abilities?"

     "He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal hemostasis. Her thing is neural electrical interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation," Steve gives her a funny look as she continues. "The other one has the ability to control shadows or merge within the dark, telekinesis, emotion manipulation." Glancing up from her tablet, Maria notices how lost Steve was. "He's fast, she's weird, and she's dark."

     "Well, they're going to show up again," Steve clicks the button, calling the elevator.

     "Agreed. Files say they volunteered for Strucker's experiment," Maria shook her head, baffled. "It's nuts."