15. 𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲

GUILT. An overwhelming emotion that washes over one, barreling a weight that causes the feet the drag against the floor, struggling to carry the heavy load that rests between the shoulders. The consequences of the actions someone makes have a price, and once it's been made, there's no turning back without facing the reality of your mistakes. Eszter felt it--the guilt that started to push down at her shoulders, further and further until the girl could barely keep her head up; Eszter didn't like the feeling. It was new and emotionally draining. Making a big life change is scary, especially after Eszter and the twins participated in an experiment, but there was something a lot scarier than that-regret.

To feel desperate as if you were right, that you were doing the right thing, Eszter is brought back to reality with the consequences of her actions. This wasn't right.

Manipulated to believe that you're fighting for your own belief, blinded by the truth that remained hidden in the shadows. Eszter scolds herself privately, angrily pinching her arm to discipline the actions of Earth's downfall.

The creation of Ultron was merely the beginning of the end of the Avengers, but not enough to completely tear them apart. Eszter wasn't sure what to believe in; Ultron wasn't necessarily seen as a friend in the enhanced's eyes but as a mentor of some sort, yet Eszter couldn't help but feel betrayed. Then, there's the Avengers, a group of heroes that causes more damage than prevents, and Tony Stark nearly killed the Maximoffs.

Nevertheless, Eszter couldn't oversee that she and her siblings had voluntarily followed Ultron into his trap, bringing the robot a next step closer to ending all humanity. Eszter couldn't bring herself to forgive her own actions. For the most part, Eszter attempted to blank out the last few days, avoiding the fact there was a war arising between man and robot. Eszter wanted to pretend there wasn't going to be an end to the world, but much to her dismay, reality will always be there for the harsh reminder.

For most of Eszter's life, it's been nothing but a traumatic, infuriating, tense, and depressing childhood. Maybe Eszter couldn't pretend to be normal with her new profound abilities, but the enhanced wouldn't hesitate to turn her life back around.

Why couldn't she be granted life with no fear and with her parents still alive?

Eszter wanted to grow up with her parents to guide her, showing her the ropes to being a teenager and worrying about anything other than robots and superheroes. She wants to grow up with Wanda and Pietro without having to live with a traumatic past, particularly their parents' death. And with her powers, Eszter has grown a love-hate relationship to the idea of it, but they still leave this unnerving feeling that leaves the enhanced nervous, yet craving. However, Eszter likes to see the bright side and uses her powers for good--the real good.

With defeat and guilt, the Maximoff siblings fled Ultron and continued on foot through the city of Korea--an unfamiliar location. They were in another country and out of their own comfort zone, leaving the Maximoffs wondering how they would return home to Sokovia.

Eszter looks around as she examines the residents as they were unaware of their situation, though the enhanced was the envy of their innocence. Although Eszter regrets following through with Hydra's experiment, there wasn't anything she can do to reverse back time and take it back. They've gotten themselves into this mess, and their only solution is to run and hide or stay and fight.

"How are we going to get home?" Wanda wonders, stressfully twisting her hair.

Pietro merely shook his head at the question. He purses his lips as he and his sisters continued down the back streets, blending in with the crowd. "I don't know," Pietro checks around the area before he looks down to Eszter; curiously, the boy juts his chin. "Penny for a thought?"