Chapter 3 - Every Mark Has Its Time

Marinette was smiling as Cat Noir left. Tikki popped out from her purse.

"So? Is it the worst thing in the world that you have Cat Noir as your soulmate?" Tikki asked.

"No, but... he's not Adrien," Marinette said.

Tikki was silent.

"Cat Noir is a great guy, but I would constantly have dreams of being soulmates with Adrien. It meant everything to me. It's just going to take some time to adjust." Marinette said.

Tikki sighed. She knew it would be a long journey for these two.

Marinette woke over to her bed and turned off the lights. "Goodnight Tikki."

"Goodnight Marinette," said her kwami.

The next morning, Marinette overslept and had to sprint to school. When she got there, she was panting, happy to actually be on time. Alya was there, waiting to see if she was going to be late or not.

"Congrats, girl! You actually made it on time!" she said, exchanging a quick hug with her best friend.

"Thanks, Alya," Marinette said, still getting her breath under control.

"So..." Alya said, letting her sentence hang.

"So, what?" she asked, confused by her best friend's intentions.

"So are you going to tell me about your mark? Are you going to show me? I know you're disappointed about Adrien, but I've been dying to see your mark," Alya said.

Marinette didn't know what to say. If she showed Alya her mark, it could create problems. First off, if Cat Noir and her became a couple, then she would know she was Ladybug, second off, if they were to date in civilian life, then she would know who Cat Noir is. It was a lose-lose situation. She just couldn't tell Alya.

"I bet Marinette doesn't even have a mark. That's why she's so upset. She's destined to be alone forever." Chloe sneered.

At this moment, Marinette was incredibly grateful to Chloe. She had just provided her with a cover story, although she hated to agree with Chloe.

"Leave her alone, Chloe. I bet her mark is amazing and ten times better than yours will be." Alya said.

"Oh? Then why doesn't she show us! She's upset because she doesn't have one or is to some loser, meanwhile I'm destined to be with Adrikins," she said.

"How do you know you're with Adrien? Wouldn't Adrien have approached you if his mark symbolized you?" Alya challenged.

"Maybe he's just waiting until I get mine, because he wants to wait before making us an official couple," said Chloe, flipping her blond ponytail.

"Well-" exclaimed Alya, about to retort.

"Alya, stop, she's right," Marinette said.

"Girl, what do you mean, she's right?" Alya asked, concerned.

"She's right, I didn't receive a mark on my birthday," Marinette said.