Chapter 12 - Revelation

"Adrien, wanna hang out?" asked Nino as the sound of the bell released them from school. Class had dragged on all day, and all Adrien thought he wanted was to get out, be alone, and just think. Or actually talk to Mari and figure out what was going on with her and why she was so upset. Either of the two. Speaking of Marinette, Adrien had tried to conceal the fact that he was stealing glances at her every few minuted. It was still weird to him that he hadn't really noticed her at all before visiting her as Cat Noir.

But Nino's question had come as a welcome surprise to Adrien. He realized that it would be great to hang out with his best friend, and just talk, about anything. He hadn't really been spending enough time with Nino, given his two beautiful crushes.

"Sure!" he replied enthusiastically. Nino grinned. "My house, bro?"

Adrien nodded and followed Nino down the sidewalk. He couldn't help but notice Marinette and Alya. Marinette still had that expression of sadness on her face. He hurt for her, and wished he could figure out what it was that was wrong.

Nino caught him looking and smiled to himself. He knew that Marinette liked Adrien, and he was wondering if Adrien had started to feel the same.

When they had arrived at Nino's house, they sat down and started playing video games, like normal.

After a while, they both stopped playing and Nino decided to ask Adrien something he had been very curious about the past few weeks.

"So, uh, dude, last time I mentioned this you said you didn't want to talk about it, and I respect your space," said Nino. "But I am curious, do you know who your soulmate is?" Nino asked.

"Well, I don't know who it is, but I can show the mark to you," Adrien said. Nino's question had been met with dread on his part, and he decided he had to lie. He did want to tell Nino something, though, at least.

Nino nodded, excited to see what his friend had gotten.

Adrien lifted up the sleeve of his shirt and showed him the mark: a pink cursive M. Nino almost instantly realized it was Marinette, given that, well, her name was Marinette and her and Adrien clearly had feelings to some degree for each other, but decided not to say anything. After all, everything happened for a reason when it came to soulmates.

So instead he just chose to nod.

"And you have no idea who your soulmate is?" Nino asked.

"No," Adrien lied.

Nino inwardly sighed. This was going to be a lot harder than he thought. How oblivious could a person be?

Later that day, when Adrien had left, he got out his phone and called Alya. Maybe she could help with this situation.

"Hi Nino!" she said.

"Hey, Alya," he said, smiling at the sound of her voice.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Well, I have got some news. I know who Adrien's soulmate is," Nino said.

"Really? Who?" Alya asked.

"Marinette," Nino said, stunning Alya.

She was having three different reactions in her head. The first one was absolute joy. Her OTP was coming true! Adriennette forever! The second one was absolute rage. How dare he?! He was breaking her best friend's heart in two!! The third was confusion. Who did Adrien in fact like? Why was Marinette so upset to get Adrien as her soulmate when she had the biggest crush on him? It didn't make any sense. Alya had so many unanswered questions.

There was only was one thing she knew for certain. Those two needed some help. She could easily beat Adrien senseless for hurting her best friend, but instead, she decided to channel it into something good for Marinette's sake.