Chapter 13 - A Kiss

Author's note: So we made a couple very small changes regarding soulmate marks in order to individualize our story. Going forward, some things will be different than you've read them. First of all, they actually receive their soulmate marks at 17 now, and second of all, the soulmate marks are initials (ex. Marinette has a green and black CN instead of a paw print.) We hope this doesn't bother you guys too much & that you like this chapter! -L&J

Alya stood up and started to pace the room.

It all made sense to her now. Marinette must've gotten a mark for Cat Noir, while Adrien got one for Marinette. It would explain why Marinette was trying to avoid Adrien, so she could try and get together with her soulmate, while Adrien tried to do the opposite. It would explain everything.

She still couldn't believe it. She was actually friends with a superhero! How had she not figured this out before? How had Marinette not figured it out before?!

That stupid cat had better give her an exclusive interview once all this soulmate stuff was sorted out.

The next day, when Alya arrived at school, she scanned the yard and found him at once.

She walked straight over to Nino and Adrien, determined to talk to the latter.

"Adrien, can I talk to you? It's important," Alya said.

Nino and Adrien looked at each other before Adrien obliged, a little confused.

"I'll see you in class, Nino," He said. Nino kissed Alya on the cheek briefly and set off for class.

Once Nino had left, Alya pulled Adrien to a shady area behind a huge sycamore tree. Marinette and her used this spot when they wanted to be sure no one would overhear them.

When she looked around and saw no one was near, she whacked Adrien on the head.

"OW! What did you do that for?" Adrien asked, rubbing his forehead.

"You, you stupid cat, hurt my best friend. I don't care if you're a superhero, I will kill you. I don't know what you did, but you made her really upset. So, before I can help you fix this situation, I need to know. How, exactly, did you hurt Marinette?" Alya asked.

"Y-you-"

"Yes, I figured it out. You're Cat Noir, superhero of Paris. But what's more important right now is what you did," Alya said impatiently.

Adrien stared at her, wide-eyed. He couldn't believe that someone knew about his secret identity, but right now he had to explain to Alya. She was clearly furious.

"Um, uh, well, the other night when I was on patrol with Ladybug, I may have confessed I loved her, but I think Marinette overheard me," Adrien mumbled.

This resulted in Alya hitting him on the head again.

"OW! You hit harder than some of the akumas do," Adrien said.

"I don't like you right now, but in order to help my best friend I have to help you fix your relationship. But it's going to be harder than you think. You basically established in Marinette's head that she will never be as good as Ladybug, and it will be hard to undo what's been done."

"I'm ready to do anything to get her to forgive me," Adrien said honestly.

"Good, I'll think up a plan, just you wait. In the meantime, we have to get to class," Alya said.

"Just one thing. How did you figure it out? That I'm - that I'm Cat Noir?" Adrien asked hesitantly.

"Used some common sense. Now come on, let's get to class."