Chapter 6

Ash's POV:

The second I saw them battling, I was about to jump out of the class to help Wallace, but Gary stopped me.

I turned around to ask him why, but he beat me to it.

"Hey, Ashy boy! If Colress is facing Wallace in front of...what? 3000 people? Who knows what those Plasma grunts are pulling off behind our backs? I'm guessing that it's just a distraction", Gary told me and I looked at him gaping.

"That...That's actually right, Gare Bear!", I told him and went through the back gate still not believing that it was Gary who found out Colress' possible method of attack. Just like Gary had said, a few guys were approaching the main building of the college from the garbage chute. I whistled as loud as I could, and connected with Greninja and Lucario telepathically.

Within the time they could come here, I went upstairs and locked the garbage chute by stuffing it outside, so that the grunts would be trapped inside. The minute I came down, I saw Lucario standing with Infernape.

"Good job bringing Infernape, Lucario!", I told him punching his shoulder lightly causing Lucario to grin at me.

"Can you confirm that they are grunts, Lucario?", I asked him and he began to track their structures with an Aura Pulse. It was not much of an attack, but it could penetrate through walls, and it was perfect for snooping around. His ears rose up, and he nodded his head bringing his hand down.

"Show them your power, Infernape!", I told him and he gave me a malicious grin before rolling towards the end of the garbage chute with a Flame Wheel. He took a huge breath and blew out a Flamethrower and the occupants howled in pain.

I went inside to see them. They were Team Plasma grunts and began to look at one another before smiling devilishly and brought out something like a lighter and clicked it releasing a bright light, and within the blink of an eye, they vanished.

"Raaa!", Lucario yelled motioning that he felt some form of teleportation.

"Are you sure that they teleported somewhere, Lucario?", I asked him and he nodded his head vigorously.

"Hey, Ash! What's wrong?", Serena asked me panting and I just gave her an uncomfortable expression.

"Few grunts tried to plant something in the main building by infiltrating through the garbage chute", I told her and within the blink of an eye, she sent a message to Officer Jenny. How these girls were able to type so fast will remain an eternal mystery to me.

"She said she'll be here in a while", she told me checking her PokeTab and I thanked her for her speedy help.

"What's up with Wallace?", I asked her and she shrugged her shoulders.

"I was more concerned about you, Ash. I didn't see Wallace's battle. I know he'll give that guy a run for his money, but I just wanted to make sure that the grunts hadn't cornered you. I mean, I know you are very strong, but I was worried about you", she told me shyly twirling her fingers in her hair, which actually seemed cute.

"Do you believe in teleportation?", I asked her changing the topic and she shook her head looking at me like I had grown another head, along with a minor tinge of disappointment.

"Well, you better do so. The Plasma grunts have found out a way to do so. Lucario somehow received a signal that they moved away from the spot. Since he has Mega evolved, his Aura Pulse has been able to find out the presence of people in a place, and they grunts seemed to vanish from the spot when they clicked a lighter kinda thing", I told her and she stared at me gaping like a Magikarp.