Chapter 27

Ash's POV:

All of my Pokemon came out of their Pokeballs and began to glare at Ashlyn who just smirked in return.

"You are braver than I thought, Ash. But there is a thin line between bravery and stupidity. Beartic, I choose YOU!!"

I didn't have to turn towards Raichu to tell him to get upfront. He bolted towards my side of the arena glaring at the opponent who had previously torn his tail apart from his trunk.

"Let us have a time relapse, shall we? Beartic, Blizzard!!"

"Plant your tail into the ground. Maintain your stance", I told him.

"Not bad. Finish that thing off by grabbing its tail. Then use Freeze Breath!!"

"Dodge it by using Iron Tail on the ground, then sit on Beartic's neck"

"Shake it off! Throw it off yourself!!"

"Wrap your tail around its neck, Raichu. Then use Dual Focus Punch, and Hyper Beam!"

Ashlyn was not expecting me to pull off such a move and her eyes began to bulge out, her hands began to shake on their own, and beads of perspiration began to cover her forehead.

Beartic yelled in pain, due to the destructive combination of the moves, and collapsed on the spot unable to continue battling.

"The tables just might have turned, sister", I told her copying her slang and she began to grit her teeth. She silently returned Beartic and released her next Pokemon.

"Gardevoir, I choose YOU!!"

"RAI RAI!!", he yelled defiantly sending out sparks from his cheeks, but Sceptile came forward and stood in front of Raichu pointing his chin near my leg.

"Tile!", he pressed and Raichu shot back near my legs pouting like a Pichu with ears drooping down.

Sceptile didn't even bother to acknowledge his opponent, and just placed his twig in his mouth, standing with his eyes closed.

"Overconfidence is the biggest reason for defeat. Gardevoir, Future Sight followed along with Moonblast and Stored Power!!"

"Double Team!! Then use Frenzy Plant followed by Leaf Blade!"

Future Sight was one of the best moves of Psychic type Pokemon, but this time, Gardevoir was outwitted by Sceptile. Frenzy Plant was completely randomized, so Future Sight wasn't the best move to tackle the Frenzy Plant of 60 or so Sceptiles. Gardevoir sent her next moves aimlessly, and hit two copies of Sceptile, and that split second was more than enough for my Hoennish Ace to seal the deal.

A part of the original Frenzy Plant smacked Gardevoir on her midsection forcing her to skid towards Ashlyn, and Sceptile rushed towards Gardevoir, smashing her with his Leaf Blade.

"Finish it off with Forest Tail!!"

"Huh? Forest Tail?"

Sceptile began to grow a brighter shade of green, and began to transfer his energy to his tail, tripling it in size. Then, he rushed towards Gardevoir in a jiffy, and smote her with his tail bringing her down with a single shot.

Sceptile just smirked at the broken form of Gardevoir and spat at Ashlyn's feet, who was still trembling.

"This is how I felt when you nearly killed my Pokemon, Ashlyn", I told her and she just sneered at me.