Chapter 18

Serena's POV:

"This won't be like the contests you have won, young lady. This is the next level!!", Palermo told me with a smirk.

"I've beaten Aria before. Nobody said that I could, and now you're saying the same. When I proved the world wrong once, who is to say that I cannot do the same once more?", I asked her confidently and she just shook her head.

"You still have a lot to learn, Serena", she told me and walked to her side.

"ALRIGHT! THIS TIME, PALERMO WILL START THE PERFORMANCE ROUND, AND SERENA WILL HAVE THE FIRST MOVE IN THE BATTLING ROUND!!", the MC announced and Palermo came back to the centre, while I went to my side.

"Chesnaught, Delphox, beautify this arena with your grace!", she yelled twirling around and releasing her two aces. She might have been older than my mom, but age didn't have an impact on her style and grace, which was MOST important for a Performer.

Then, she Littenwalked to the centre giving me a devious smile, and raised her arms up to her shoulders, and at the same time, her Pokemon roared their names.

Chesnaught used five Solar Beams immediately concentrating them into spheres, and punched each one of them with Hammer Arm, and they settled above Palermo's head circling her, and with each motion of her hand, the height and shape of the spheres changed as per her movements.

At that moment, I noticed that it was Delphox who was manipulating the Solar Beams with her Psychic attack.

A second later, Palermo brought her hands down and Delphox did the same causing the spheres to drop down. I presumed that it would melt into the air.

But to my surprise, the liquified form began to trickle over her feet and she stretched her right hand placing left hand on her hip, and the liquid formed into a small and bright wand.

She began to wave her wand around, and with each motion, Delphox sent out flames and Chesnaught smashed down the ground with Hammer Arm sending out noises matching with the motion of Palermo's wand. Suddenly, her Performance began to turn into a musical, a Performance of the Kalosian classic, La Mer, and the audience LOVED it, which hurt my chances even more.

When the song was over, Chesnaught stomped on the floor and vanished into thin air, courtesy of Delphox. Suddenly, he appeared behind Palermo and wrapped her in Vine Whips.

A second later, she came out tearing through the Whips, dressed completely in green, like a goddess of the Forest, and spread her hands, sending fake Beautiflies and Butterfrees into the air, thus ending her Performance.

A split second later, I had contracted temporary deafness due to the rage that had risen amongst the crowd due to her stunning Performance. I had to give it to her, it was the best one she had ever given, and she still had three seconds left, but she didn't do anything. She just waved to the crowd, and when the timer stopped, she turned her attention to me.

"You said you were ready to defeat me, Serena. I hope you won't disappoint me", Palermo told me before walking to her side wrapping her arms around her Delphox and Chesnaught, who were roaring their names to the crowd.

"Someone is gonna get creamed!", Aria yelled from the other side sending me a nasty look. Apparently, she still hadn't forgotten the crushing defeat I had given her all this years ago to gain her title as the Kalos Queen.

"Pangoro, Sylveon and Delphox, let's rock this Contest!!", I yelled and my three loyal Pokemon came out, all guns blazing.

"Time for Dark Queen!!", I told them and they nodded their heads getting into their respective positions.