Chapter 17

Ash's POV:

"Wish me luck", Drew breathed and walked towards his side of the arena. Virgil came towards his side and just gave Drew a small smirk.

"YOU'VE GOT IT, DREW!!", May yelled from the side, but we just gave him half hearted smiles.

"Do you think you stand a chance against me, green head?", Virgil asked Drew confidently, and Drew sighed.

"True! You have the advantage over me being a complete battler. But I'm not going down without a fight. I'm gonna give you the time of your life in battling!", Drew told him defensively and Virgil just chuckled shaking his head.

"I don't think you'd last a 6 on 6 battle, Drew. We'll do a 3 on 3 battle, alright?", Virgil asked Drew and he nodded his head squeezing a Pokeball in anger.

"A 3 on 3 it is! Absol, grace us with your presence!!", Drew yelled and Absol came out with her jaw-dropping grace.

"Zebstrika, come out!"

"Use your speed! Psycho Cut!!"

"Dodge it and use Discharge!!"

Absol was really fast and managed to graze Zebstrika with her horn, but Zebstrika was unfazed, and used his attack without a second thought and hit Absol with all of his might. But, Zebstrika had attacked at the cost of his defense, and collapsed onto the ground.

"Don't give it time! Use Brutal Swing!!"

"Dodge!!", Virgil yelled but Zebstrika was hopeless.

"Now, show him your strength with Psycho Cut!!"

"Gotcha! Use Shock Wave!!"

"Ground your horn into the ground!!"

The quick grounding reduced the damage Absol had taken, but she was still wobbling from the after effects of the shocks.

"Use Dark Pulse!! Hit it from a distance!!"

"Hit them away with your tail, and use Thunder!!"

"Ground all of your paws! We have to reduce the damage you take, or we'll lose you!"

Zebstrika was giving his 200 percent, but even that wasn't enough, and he was wobbling seemingly on his last ounce of energy.

"Don't give up, Zebstrika! Use Thunderbolt!!"

"Show him that you're not a weakling! Use Brutal Swing!!"

The two attacks collided, and at the point of contact, a huge smoke mushroom erupted creating a suspense about the result of the first battle.

When the smoke cleared, I saw that both of the Pokemon were lying on the ground with swirls in their eyes, and I heard Drew groan in despair.

"Both Pokemon are unable to continue! This match is a draw!!", the referee announced.

"Return, Absol! You were amazing as always, girl. Take a well deserved rest. Roserade, grace us with your presence!!"

"Espeon, come out!!"

"Roserade, use Poison Sting!!"

"Psychic!! Stop it right there!!"

Roserade was lifted off the ground and violently thrown to the nearby wall, and was immediately hurt.

"Wave it off, girl! Use Synthesis!!

"Throw her towards the wall again and again with Psychic!!!", Virgil yelled at Espeon.