Chapter 13

Ash's POV:

"PALERMO!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THAT SIDE?", Serena yelled, suddenly grand, while Dawn and May held her to her seat with great difficulty. Palermo simply ran her fingers through her short hair and looked away.

"It's a new age, Serena. We can't all expect to rebel against the inevitable. Sometimes, we just have to join the bandwagon hoping that we are not killed", she told Serena and I lost ALL of my respect for her.

"What are your excuses?", I asked the rest of them. Virgil and Aria simply shrugged.

"Their plans were favourable to us. That's why we took this side", Virgil told me and Aria nodded her head.

"Their plans focus on ALL round development, unlike the plans of Goodshow, which were only towards peace. Peace is important, but not at the cost of strength of a region", Tobias told me, while Tyson agreed with him with a small grumble.

"It is not that every eye can vois the beauté in things that may seem ugly. You just have to come out of the cover", Pierre said waving his arms around. Sometimes, he reminded me of a green haired guy I met in Sinnoh who would bring cooking in each and every sentence he spoke leaving me wondering if he was a human or some malfunctioning hybrid.

"RIGHT! This will be a tournament which Team Flare has offered to produce. 3 Performances, and 3 battles! Should the Challengers win, Team Flare will leave, but should the Defenders win, KIP will offer NO further resistance to the Revolution", the MC announced, but before I could deny our approval for this, he went on to announce the first Performance - Aria vs Dawn.

Our eyes went towards Dawn, and for the second, she seemed like she might pass out before she was caught by Gary.

"HEY Dee Dee! Pull yourself together", he yelled shaking her by her shoulders, and she began to concentrate.

"What? I don't have time to dress up?", she asked the MC who shook his head. But it seemed like Aria wasn't dressed either, so both of them had to impress ONLY by their Pokemon.

"Let's do this!", she told herself clapping her hands once and walked towards the arena with 3 Pokeballs.

"Mamoswine, Togekiss, Empoleon, spotlight!!", she yelled bringing out her best Pokemon who roared looking at Aria.

"Vivillon and Delphox, CENTRE STAGE!!", Aria yelled and her 2 aces came out smirking.

"Aria gets the first try in the Performance Round. Dawn will get the first move in the Battle Round", the MC announced and Aria flipped her hair.

Aria simply lifted her right hand upto shoulder level with a confident smile, and Delphox walked towards the centre spinning her fire stick and her eyes grew a dark shade of blue, signalling that she was gonna use a Psychic type move. But she just replicated her fire stick into a staff, and twirled it over her head releasing jets of flame over the field each of which coupled and burst into a large flaming tornado. When the fire died, the floor was scorched with a writing.

Welcome, my dear friends

This set the audience into convulsions and they were screaming in joy seeing the former Kalos Queen come back into form. Then, Delphox placed her fire stick behind her back and walked back to Aria blowing minor specks of fire which turned into miniature Beautiflies and settled in the ground before vanishing earning another set of applause.

Then, Aria raised her left hand and Vivillon flew down erasing the writings which shot up as a sand tornado, but Vivillon made it shiny, by using Sleep Powder on the tornado, and from above, she flew in the opposite direction of the turning, resulting in the meeting of opposite forces which forced the tornado to collapse into tiny specks of shiny dust. Delphox came back and blew fire on the dust which resulted in the formation of a flaming Aria who bowed before the crowd before vanishing.