Chapter 16

Serena's POV:

The second Ash turned around, I ran towards him and pressed my lips to his, and I'm pretty sure I felt his cheeks heat up.

"You were amazing", I whispered in his ear and he shivered, but tightened his grip around my waist, and I could almost hear that satisfied smile adorning his face.

Unfortunately, our private moment was disrupted by his cousins who literally ripped me off our embrace, and shared my spot.

"Okay, okay, that's enough!! We have to see who battles next", he told them though he himself wasn't willing to let go of them.

"I just hope that I'm the one who gets to battle", Drew told us sighing and we gave him a confused look.

"Being a coordinator, I have a MICROSCOPIC chance of defeating my opponent, considering that I nearly beat Gary once in a battle", he told us and Ash shook his head.

"What do you mean? I mean, it won't make much of a difference, Drew. Even Serena has battled May and Dawn in battles. As long as the one who must battle gives the opponent a good battle, it's fine", Ash told him.

"I know that. But compared to Serena, I'm the better battler. No offense, Serena", he told me but I shook my head. It was the truth, he was better in fighting, as I couldn't take the pressure of battling very well and ALL of my defeats came up due to my poor battling skills.

"Plus, if I get paired against Palermo, I have a greater chance of beating her, considering that I've been around her for the past 4 years", I added and Drew nodded his head.

"Just hope it adds up to your expectations", Ash told me, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"ALRIGHT!!! LET'S SEE IF THE DEFENDERS CAN BOUNCE BACK!! THE NEXT BATTLE IS BETWEEN GARY AND TYSON!!", the MC roared causing most of us to shield our ears or at least wince.

"Go get him, babe!", Dawn told him grabbing him by his chest and brought his lips to hers. Then, she stood on the tips of her toes and whispered something in his ear causing him to chuckle and give her a flirtatious wink before leaving to battle.

"It would be a good battle", Ash told us and May sat on the bench rubbing her arms.

"It's kinda cold, right?", she asked us nervously.

"Yes it is....Articuno", Ash told us sighing looking at the confident expression on Tyson's face.

"You mean that....Ice and Flying legendary?", Dawn asked Ash and he nodded his head taking a seat. Dawn gulped and took a seat near May, and the two of them shared nervous giggles.

"Arceus! They are CLONES of their mothers", Ash whispered in my ear causing me to giggle, and I hugged his arm.

"Well, well, well! If it isn't the hand-me-down of researchers, the one and only Gary Oak!", Tyson mocked and I could literally feel the heat radiating from Dawn's body.

"At least, I made it up to the finals of the Hoenn League without having to bank on a legendary Pokemon", Gary snorted and Tyson's expression hardened.

"Do I need to remind of the way you got your a** handed to you the last time we met?", Tyson asked Gary.

"You're exaggerating, Tyson. It was a 3-2 victory for you, and I intend to even the battlefield this time", Gary countered.

"So, I guess it's a 3 on 3 battle?", Tyson asked him in a cocky manner and Gary smirked nodding his head.

"Enough talk! Articuno, let's go!!"

"I meant it when I talked about evening the battlefield. Registeel, shift the odds to our favour!"

"Gary Gary, he's number ONE! He's a hottie and he's FUN!", a few girls yelled from the side.