It's A Date (4)

"How bad was it?" I sigh and avoid her gaze.

"Well, he punched me and then kicked me in the ribs, more than once..." I lifted up my shirt to show her the now yellowing bruises. "It's not as bad as..." I dropped my shirt back down, not wanting to finish that sentence.

"Sam... You know you can always stay at my place for a while. Please, at least until your healed." I didn't meet her eyes and I just heard her sigh. "I'll talk to Dean about it. Come on." She patted me lightly on my shoulder and led me out of the bathroom.

"I'll give you your makeup back at the end of the day." She nodded and we parted ways. As soon as I got to the classroom, Mr. Holmes pulled me aside and handed me a bottle of Advil.

"John gets worried." I gave him a small smile.

"Tell him I said thank you." He nodded and let me go to my seat where Gabriel started questioning me about yesterday.

"What happened yesterday?" I turned to him and raised an eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?" He frowned.

"When your phone rang you went whiter than a piece of paper. So, spill." I sigh.

"It was just-"

"Don't you dare say it was an ex, because you clearly were talking to your father." When I didn't answer him right away his face want from serious to pissed in less than .5 seconds. "He doesn't abuse you does he?" I frowned and managed to muster a look of shock.

"No! Why would you think of that?!" He raised an eyebrow.

"It doesn't take an idiot to figure it out." I ignored him. "Samantha, come on! If-"

"Drop it Gabriel." He raised his hands in surrender, but the look of protection did not leave his face.

"Mr. Winchester, could you please refrain from talking to Mr. Novak during teaching." Mr. Holmes replied without looking away from the board.

"Yes sir." I continued writing down the notes as Gabriel droned on about different methods of trickery, all the while keeping his promise to not mention the situation.

Went it was lunch time I told Gabriel to go on without me. I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked okay, but not good. I took out makeup wipes and began removing the makeup from my face that was coming off because of sweat. I was just about to put on foundation when someone waved a spray bottle in my face. I spun around and to my horror, saw Gabriel.

"It'll stay on if you spray this." I quickly covered the side of my face, but he just took the bag from my hands. "Let me."

"Gabr-"

"Shush." He moved my hand and began putting on the makeup. I was surprised at how gentle he was being. "You don't have to tell me anything." He said sometime after he was done. I sighed and took the bag from him.

"Good." I shoved the bag into my own a bit too forcefully and I gripped my ribs in pain.

"What's wrong?" I wave him off.

"It's nothing." I sling my bag over my shoulder and walk out of the bathroom, a silent Gabriel following. When we reached the lunch table, Charlie was quick to notice his silence.

"Gabriel, what's with the silence?" He put on a fake smile.

"It's nothing, I'm just thinking about that Chem test we have next week." I picked at my food, not really hungry.

"Sam, I swear to god, if you don't eat I'll shove your food down your throat." I raised my hands in surrender.

"I'm just not that hungry alright..." She frowned.

"Me, you, at my house, after school." I sigh and just stand up.

"If anyone asks where I am, I'm in the courtyard." I grabbed my things and walked off to the very empty courtyard.

~Huge Ass time skip because nothing really happens~

It's been two months since the last incident and Dean's been pretty good at keeping me out of the line of fire, but I always saw him with new cuts or bruises the next morning.

Today Gabriel insisted he come over to work on our history project and I reluctantly let him. We walked into the house and I cautiously looked around while he babbled on about how he should stop tricking people with their lockers and how he should move onto other means of trickery. I sighed in relief when I didn't see my father. "Come on, my room is just upstairs." I led him to my room and I drop my bag on my bed. "So, we should start making the poster first." I began taking out the poster board from my bag along with my notebook and a few pens.

"Who would've thought you were shorter than your brother at one point." I spun around to see him looking at an old picture of me and Dean. It was the day he snuck us out to light fireworks.

"Oh, yeah. That was fourth of July. It was the first and probably last time I had seen fireworks." Be frowned and put the picture down.

"That's depressing." I shrugged and sat down on my bed. "You know what. Since Veterans Day is in a few days, let's go see the fireworks."

"What?" He sat down on the floor and just stared up at me.

"Let's go see the fireworks on Veterans Day. I heard they're having a carnival set up at the pier and I'd kill for some fairy floss." I blinked for a moment and looked at the calendar on my wall. It's not like I had to check, I'm never busy.

"I'll ask Dean."

"Sure." I jumped and spun around to see him in the doorway smiling, the bandaid from this morning looking more bloody. "Go, I'll take care of dad."

"Dean-"

"Sam I swear, you need to get out more. Don't worry about me." I frowned and sighed.

"Alright... But change that bandaid, it's getting a little nasty." He grinned and closed the door softly.