Learning to Love (5)

The project went smoothly other than Gabriel hiding jolly ranchers somewhere in my closet and just throwing the wrappers of his candy in a pile next to himself.

"How do you not have cavities yet?" I ask him with an amused grin on my face. (a/n: you know, that small smile that Jared does. Askdlslfjfjsjhd)

"It's called being careful my dear Samantha."

"Why do you keep calling me that?"

"Calling you what?"

"Samantha." He raised an eyebrow.

"You've never heard of nicknames."

"I mean, I have, but why Samantha? It's a girls name." He shrugged.

"Would you prefer something different? Cause I've got a whole array of nicknames for you." He started listing off all of the nicknames he had for me and it was the first time I realised I was lost in him. I soon began to notice the small things like how when he smiled his eyes would wrinkle up at the edges a bit or how he pushes a strand of hair behind his ear every so often or his voice. Oh god his voice. He would be able to talk for hours and I'd never complain. His eyes were also something to fawn over, a golden brown that could only be accurately described as sunshine through a glass of whiskey. I hadn't noticed he stopped talking until I saw him smirking at me. I quickly looked away, a blush spreading across my face. "Is there something on your mind?"

"N-No... We should start this essay..." I busied myself, by getting out a random piece of lined paper from my bag. "I'm still not quite sure what to put for the thesis, but it's should probably be around the lines of wh-" I felt a warm hand cover my mouth and I looked over to see Gabriel with a small smile.

"Calm down. This project isn't due until two weeks from now. We can do the essay some other time, plus I think we out did ourselves on this poster." He let go of me and I just set the stuff off to the side.

"Well, what do you think we should do?" He chuckled and my heart jumped a little.

"I dunno. Talk, play video games (it seems like you don't have any though), run around like chickens without heads outside." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Talk, I guess..." He makes himself comfortable on the floor again and I just lean up against my bed.

"What's your favorite color?" I laugh a bit.

"Um... I don't really have a favorite color."

"Come on! Everyone does." I shrugged.

"I mean, green is a nice color."

"The rainbow." I thought for a moment.

"What do you like to do on your free time?"

"Sit around and watch my siblings bicker over the stupidest things. It's actually quite hilarious."

"Well, I like reading, but I don't get to do it very often, so I just sleep most of the time." He frowned.

"Not to pry or anything, but why?" I looked away from him and sighed.

"Well, my dad is always yelling at Dean when he's here or conscious and so it's never really quiet."

"Sam." I look up at him, slightly confused by the lack of a nickname, but it quickly vanishes and fondness quickly replacing it. Gabriel was looking at me with such protection in his eyes, it actually made my heart skip a beat. (a/n: legit that actually happens and it's the weirdest feeling in the world) "If any harm comes to you by his hand, I will not hesitate to skin him." I feel myself blush and I had to look away.

"There's really no need for that..." He chuckled.

"I really hope not." It was comfortably silent for a bit until I heard rustling of plastic. "Close your eyes and open your mouth." I turned to him.

"What?"

"Just do it."

"Um... Okay." I do as he says and I feel something smooth on my tongue. Right before I closed my mouth, I swore I could feel his breath on my face, but it was gone as quick as it came.

"You can open your eyes now." I did and I closed my mouth, now tasting the sweetness of the candy. "What is it?" I bit into the candy, quickly realizing what it was.

"Skittles." He grinned.

"Yep!" I'm tempted to just kiss him right there and then because he just looks so... I push the thought out of my head. What if he doesn't like me back, then our friendship would be at stake... I sigh and look at the time.

"Crap... Didn't you say you'd have to be home by eight?"

"Yeah, why?"

"It's eight thirty." He groaned.

"Damn it..." We stood up and he walked over to the door grabbing his back. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"I can escort you to the door." He waved his hand.

"Nah. Goodnight Sammy." He leaves, closing my door softly behind him. I fall onto the bed, a blushing mess. God, what was I getting myself into?

I grabbed my phone and looked through the pictures Charlie took of all of us at lunch. There were quite a lot, but all of them had at least both me and Gabriel in them. Then I found my favorite one. It was just Gabriel who was laughing at a joke Charlie had made and I felt myself smile. I could almost hear it. My heart swelled with emotion and I felt myself curling into a ball, letting the whole world disappear.

It wasn't long until I fell asleep only to have good dreams for once and not nightmares. In the dream, Gabriel and I were looking up at the stars on top of the Impala. He was smiling a me, his eyes filled with love and adoration. He then leaned in and kissed me softy.

I hve fallen for Gabriel Novak, and I have fallen hard. I'm not ashamed.