Thank You For Being Born (12)

I somberly walked back into the dinning room just to find the whole room in chaos. Gabriel was blushing madly and shouting at his father, Amara and Balthazar were crying from laughing too hard, Castiel, Uriel, and Raphael have their heads in their hands, disappointed, and Alfie and Anna are just looking fondly at their dysfunctional family. Just as Gabriel made eye contact with me, he plopped back down onto his seat, burying his head in his hands.

"I-I can't! You actually-!"

"Just shut up Balthazar!" Balthazar saw me and just started laughing even harder. "You're such a fucking dick!"

"Um... Did I interrupt something?" Gabriel stood up angrily and took his dishes.

"No." He walked around me and went into the kitchen to wash them. I walked towards him and noticed that he was scrubbing his plate rather violently. "They just can't keep their damn mouths shut can they...." He muttered.

"Why were they laughing at you?" He jumped, dropping the plate onto the ground, shattering it. "Oh my god! I'm sorry I didn-"

"No-No it's okay. We can always get more, it's not a big deal." We both bent down to pick up the shards. "God... I'm so sorry about my family, they're just-"

"Weird?" He looked up at me and chuckled.

"I think weird is an understatement." He hissed and dropped a shard, his finger starting to bleed a bit. "Shit..." He quickly put it in his mouth and stood up, starting to look for the Band-Aids. "Where did he put those damn things...?" I walked over to him and took his hand. "What are you-" I pulled out ointment and a Band-Aid from my pocket and started cleaning up his finger.

"I always have this bad habit of getting the worst paper cuts..." Once I was finished, I just kind of stood there, his hand still in mine.

"Thanks Sam." He seemed almost reluctant to pull his hand away, but he did. "How is you're brother?"

"If that dick bag beat him any further I would have had to send him to the hospital." Both Gabriel and I looked over to see Lucifer, dressed in his daily attire, looking thoroughly pissed. "Amara and Dad want to talk to you and your brother alone later. Michael is in the process of contacting CPS and-"

"You can't!"

"What?"

"You-You can't tell CPS! He'll..." The words got caught in my throat as Lucifer's face went from pissed to worried almost instantly.

"He'll what?" I began scratching my stomach and neck, trying not to remember. Dean walks in with a sling on.

"He raped him." Gabriel's head snapped so quickly towards Dean that I thought he'd get whiplash. "I'm sure Sam will tell you when he's ready, but it's definitely not now..." Dean walked over to me and pulled me into an one armed hug. "Everything will be okay Sammy. I promised he won't get to you again..."

"He almos-"

"I know... It's okay now... I'm here and you know he wouldn't dare touch you when I'm here." He pulled away. "Now, I want you to smile."

"What, why?" His lips turned up into a stupid grin.

"Or I'll tickle you!" He grabbed my side and began tickling me violently. I squeaked and began laughing, desperately trying to get away from him.

"Dean! Ahahaha! Stop!"

"Never!" We ran around the kitchen until Lucifer grabbed Dean by the sling strap.

"If you both keep running around like that, you're most likely going to pull something..." He was frowning in disapproval, but there was a small smile on his face. "Come on, I'll show you to the guest bedrooms." We started to leave, but I stopped and turned to face Gabriel. He was staring down at his injured hand, looking a little dazed.

"Do you want-. Hey, are you okay?" I walked over to him. "Gabriel?" He pulled me into a tight hug and I was a bit surprised to say the least. "Wh-"

"Just shush..." I began to hug him back and we were like that for God knows how long until he spoke again. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"I don't care." His grip got just a bit tighter. "You shouldn't have had to go through that, you and your brother..."

"It doesn't matter." He pulled away, his hands on my arms.

"Like hell it doesn't!" I stared at him, his face full of sadness and confusion. "Someone as intelligent, funny, and caring as you shouldn't have to deal with that and I will make damn sure you won't have to ever again!" He turned around, his head in his hand. "I never should have left..." I frowned.

"What are you talking about?"

"Sam! There you are! I thought you were coming with?" I turned to see Lucifer and Dean standing in the doorway.

"Um... Yeah. I'll be right there." I went to talk to Gabriel, but he was gone. "Gabe..." I sighed and walked over to them. "Come on." We all walked upstairs and I just kept thinking about what he said.

Gabriel's POV (a/n: trust me, this isn't going to be the last time I do this)

I watched as Sam made his way up the stairs. I gripped the side of the kitchen door so tight, my knuckles were white. "Only if you knew Sam... Only if you remembered..."

Whew man this chapter is 200 (actually 101) words shorter than I was going for (my usual minimum is 1000 words and 2500 is my limit, just because I think that's a lot for one chapter). What do you think Gabriel could be talking about (~‾∇‾)~ Ehehehehe. See you guys on Wednesday!