Sam's Crush (6)

I woke up to yelling downstairs and I opened my door just a crack. It was my father. I sighed and closed the door softly, looking at the time. My eyes widened when I saw that I was thirty minutes late. I quickly got up and began changing as fast and quietly as humanly possible. I sent Dean a text telling him that I was leaving through my window and I jumped, doing a barrel roll just as I hit the ground. I didn't even dust myself off and I ran.

When I arrived at the school, I was surprised to see Gabriel standing next to the doors. I slowed to a stop in front of him and he looked up. "You're late."

"Yeah... I kind of gathered that... Why are you out here?"

"I was waiting for you, come on." We quickly went inside and I apologized to Mr. Holmes. We took our seats and I began picking the grass and leaves from my hair and clothes. "Why were you late in the first place?"

"I overslept..." He let out a small oh and continued writing down whatever notes that were on the board.

"I hope I didn't ruin your sleep schedule." I laughed a bit.

"You actually didn't. I fell asleep not too long after you left. That project tired the crap outta me." He chuckled and it made my heart flip. My dream from last night was still in my head and I unconsciously touched my fingers to my lips. I felt myself smile a bit and I didn't realise the bell had rung until Gabriel pulled me out of my seat and dragged me to our next class.

During lunch, my mind was still focused on that dream and I think I may have freaked Charlie out a bit. I was smiling to myself and a large blush was spread across my face all the way to my ears. "Uh... Earth to Sam!" I ignored her and I just heard her sigh, clearly exasperated. "What the hell's gotten into you? Do you know what happened?"

"I haven't in the slightest." Gabriel replied and I felt my smile grow.

"He hasn't acted like this in years. The last time he did this was when Jessica asked him out in Kindergarten."

"Maybe our little Samoose has a crush on someone." I look up quickly, nearly giving myself whiplash.

"I-Its not l-like that! I-I just..." I felt myself smile again and my mind drifted off back to the dream. "Had a really great dream last night..."

"What was it about?" I laugh a bit.

"W-Well... There's this person I like and in the dream we were looking at fireworks and well... They kissed me..."

"So... You're freaking out over a dream?" I sighed.

"Of course... It's not like they would like me anyway..." Charlie crossed her arms.

"I highly doubt that. Who is it?"

"I'm not going to tell you that!"

"And why not?"

"Because!"

"That's not even an argument!" I cross my arms.

"So what? I'm still not going to tell you." She groaned.

"I will find out and I will get you two together." She jumped up and went God knows where. Little did she know, the person I liked was sitting right next to me.

~~

Veterans Day was today and I was just about to hop out of my window to meet Gabriel at a gas station when there was a knock on my door. I quickly made it look like I was just cleaning. "Come in." When the door opened I was surprised to see my father, showered and shaven and completely sober.

"Dean told me you were going to the fireworks show with a friend."

"Yes sir."

"When are you supposed to meet him?" I looked at my watch... I was going to be a tad bit late.

"Right now actually..."

"Well, hurry up and get your stuff ready. Don't forget your phone." He closed my door softly and I sighed in relief. He wasn't a bad father when he was sober. He actually was a great one, but he blamed the death of my mother on himself so he just drinks. Of course that leads to him getting very angry.

My phone buzzed and I saw Gabriel's contact pop up. I answered it quickly. "Where are you Samoose?"

"Sorry, I was just about to leave when my dad came in. I'll be there in a few minutes." I kept him on the phone while I ran to the gas station. I saw him leaning up against a jet black Lamborghini Veneto and I nearly dropped my phone. He saw me and waved.

"Hey!" I looked at him in shock.

"Is this your car?!" He blushed a bit and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah... I told my dad that I just wanted a simple car and nothing too flashy, but of course he bought me this."

"That car is over 4.5 million dollars..." He shrugged.

"I would sell it but my big brother would have my ass. He's very... Particular about cars." He hopped into the car without opening the door (a/n: it's one of the convertibles). "Come on. We might want to do everything before it gets dark." I got into the car and we began to drive to the pier.

When we got there I was staring at everything in awe. Gabriel just looked at me, slightly amused. "You've never seen a carnival before?"

"I have, but not one this big." He took my arm and dragged me to the ticket booth.

"Two tickets please." (a/n: I've never been to a carnival before... So I'm not sure how this works) I began to pull out my wallet, but he stopped me. "I've got it Samsquatch."

"But-"

"Nope!" He placed a ten onto the counter and dragged me inside after picking up the tickets.

If you don't know what a Lamborghini Veneno is, allow me to show you.