The Carnival (7)

The first thing he did was drag me to a spot that sold fairy floss. "Want some?" I shook my head, smiling. For someone who was older than me, he acted like a seven-year-old. We began to walk around while he finished up eating. "After we've done almost everything, we should go run around on the beach."

"Okay." The first ride we went on nearly made him throw up everything he just ate and he just looked up at me, shaking his head with a terrified expression.

"Never again..." I laughed a bit and we went to do other things.

After about two hours of riding all of the rides and eating food, Gabriel spotted a classic ring toss game. He dragged me to it and started playing. "Sammy, if I win this, which one do you want?"

"What?" He pointed to the stuffed animals.

"If I win which one do you want?" I looked at the animals and pointed to the one that reminded me of him.

"That golden bear." He grinned.

"Okie Dokie!" It took him a few tries, but he finally won. "Here you go Samoose!" He handed me the giant stuffed bear and I put it over my shoulder.

"Thanks."

"No problem." He started walking off the pier and I followed him quickly. He tore off his shoes and jumped into the sand. "Come on." I did the same and we walked along the shoreline. "You know, this is the first time I've ever come to a place like this with a friend. I've always gone with my siblings or by myself." I frown.

"Have you ever had friends?"

"No, not really. They were always just acquaintances." He stopped and turned to me, his coat whipping gently in the breeze. "You're my first." I blushed and looked down at my feet.

"GAAAAABBBEEE!!!" Gabriel whipped around and before he could react, got shoved down into the sand.

"Gabriel are you oka-"

"Get off me Luce!" He managed to stand up while another guy ruffled his hair. "Sam... This is my older brother Lucifer. Lucifer, this is Sam, my friend." He muttered and I frowned.

"Your name is seriously Lucifer?" Lucifer looked up at me and squinted his eyes. His gaze started making me uncomfortable when it reached way past its limit. I felt like he was seeing what would be the best way to skin me alive. He finally stopped after Gabriel gave him a glare and smiled.

"Yes, Lucifer Novak at your service." He replied bowing. I just looked at Gabriel with a 'what am I supposed to say to this' look.

"Go away Satan. It was peaceful until you showed up." Lucifer scoffed and walked over to the water. Gabriel began backing up. "Don't you dare! That water has got to be below freezing!"

"Does it look like I care?" He splashed water on Gabriel who was now looking at his brother with a glare that terrified me.

"I hope you remember the last time you messed with me." Before he could answer, he was dragged out of the water by another guy with jet black hair.

"Cool it Gabe. Dad will take care of him later." The guy replied.

"But Mikey! I just wanted to have some fun with him and his moose friend!"

"It's Michael, Lucifer and he went without us for a reason dip shit." I watched as they bickered while Michael literally dragged Lucifer back to a large group of people.

"Sorry about them... They can be, irritating." I shrugged, but I was quick to realise his shivering.

"You need to get out of those clothes or you'll get sick." He looked down.

"Yeah, you're right." He began to take his jacket and shirt down while I set the bear down and took off both my jacket and my shirt.

"Here." He dropped his clothes onto the sand and looked up at me in surprise. "What?"

"You're going to get sick too if you walk around without a shirt on." I sighed and wrapped the jacket around his shoulders and pulled the shirt back over my head.

"There, now we both have a less of a chance of getting sick." We both began laughing, but we stopped when the first firework went off. We sat down in the sand and I watched the fireworks with a smile on my face. Maybe a few minutes into the show I turned to Gabriel who had his eyes closed and a small smile on his face. I felt myself blush and I looked away, watching as the fireworks reflected off the water.

After a few minutes Gabriel stood up. "I think we should head home. At this rate, I'm definitely going to be sick." I quickly stood up and dusted myself off.

"Sorry..." He frowned.

"Why are you apologizing? It's my own fault that I decided to stay. Come on." We walked back to his car. "Do you want me to drop you off?" I nodded, now realizing that I was too tired to walk home from where we first met up at. "Okay, just tell me the address and I'll get you there." I gave it to him and he began to drive off.

The ride was comfortably silent except the music playing quietly from the speakers. When we got close to the house, I made him stop at the corner of the street. "Sam." I stopped getting out of the car to face him.

"Yeah?" He smiled a bit.

"Thanks for today. I'm glad you could make it." I felt a blush spread across my face.

"I should be the one thanking you."

"Nah. It was fun though, other than being splashed with freezing cold water." I chuckled a bit and got out, clutching the stuffed bear to my chest. "Goodnight Sammy."

"Goodnight Gabriel." He almost drove off, but he stopped himself.

"You might want this back." He began taking off the jacket.

"Keep it. You can give it back to me at school."

"Alright." He gave me a small wave and drove off. I slowly made my way to the house and saw a note on the door. It was from Dean.

Go through your window tonight. Your door is already locked.

I sighed. "He must have gotten too drunk again..." I walked around to the side of the house and saw that my window was already open, so I threw the bear up there first, I then proceeded to scale a nearby tree. With much difficulty, I managed to get into my room unscathed. "This is just great..."