12

We enjoy warmth because we have been cold.
We appreciate light because we have been in darkness.
By the same token, we can experience joy because we have known sadness.
-Unknown

Denise

~

Our kisses were always passionate and I wanted to melt in her hands just as I knew she was melting in mine. Obedience, restraint and self control were the only traits stopping me and as I pulled back and looked into her beautiful Amber eyes, my heart betrayed me as it ached for her.

Why couldn't she be mine?

She felt vulnerable now and she could confess a thousand times how this was more than physical... how she had a deeper attraction to me but we both knew it was bull. It was only the sex talking. I never liked to brag about how great I was in bed but I made it my sole duty to please her, to somehow turn her mind from thinking this was wrong to enjoying the feel of being with me. To enjoy the pleasures of not just being with another woman but being with me.

Ever since the first time we kissed, she literally stole my breath away. I admit that at first sight she was a hot headed, hot blooded beauty that drew me up the walls with her racist, homophobic comments but as I said, the first time our bodies made contact, it was explosive and we both knew that.

I honestly thought that after a few times of us being alone together she would have changed her mind even though she made her feelings clear in the beginning, but I was very clearly proven wrong. That night was engraved in my brain and caused my bitter heart to disappear altogether.

I had vowed never to love again and that I would stick by it.

I hated making her feel like crap but she was sober now and a sober mind hid the truth when a drunken mind could not.

Kissing her one last time, I held her tightly against me as she did the same before releasing. She smiles her shy smile, the one she always did whenever we'd finish and I playfully pulled at her chin before volunteering to walk her to her car.

I still had on my robe but being the owner, I could have walked butt naked to the outside and no one would care. As we left the side exit, avoiding the downstairs club, my eyes connected with David's and only I witnessed the hatred in his eyes before he smiled at me, once more fooling the world of our perfect relationship.

"You seem very distracted tonight." Justine says softly and I had to force myself to focus on her and just her.

"I have a lot of clients that needs pleasing upstairs and I'm just thinking about which one to fuck first." I lie smoothly, not missing the way she reacted and hating myself for it.

"Oh, you're still gonna go through with that? I thought you'd call it a night."

She absentmindedly wraps her hands around herself and I want to believe it's from the cold... I should believe it's from the cold but I felt better thinking its cause she was jealous.

"So you want to be the last person I lie with tonight?" I asked seductively, unable to help myself and pulling her flush against me.

Being taller than her, she was forced to look up at me and the slight blush that glazed her cheeks had me aching for her touch all over again. Without thinking, I capture her surprised mouth with a kiss and she immediately relinquished control to me allowing me to dominate her body.

I wanted to taste every inch of her again, I wanted to take her right here in the open just to announce to the world that she was mine and mine alone but I opted for marking her tender skin with my teeth. That was the only way I knew people would know she was taken... at least in my mind. It was childish and I knew she hated it but she was a slave to my touch just as I was to hers.

"You're my weakness." I heard myself whispering and I go to retract my statement but her moan had me kissing the life out of her.

Maybe a few minutes went by, maybe an hour. I never really knew because we both could spend hours just making out but alas, all good things must come to an end. The clearing of a throat had her pulling away and she fixed her clothing as her shy eyes looked towards her car.

I turned to see my husband's cynically perfect fake smile on and my heart immediately skipped a beat before I stepped back, allowing Justine to leave. I watched her car go for as long as I dared, dreading turning but knowing he'd just stand there until I do... he was patient like that.

As soon as I turned I felt the weight of his fist on my stomach and I fell to my knees before feeling that weight being replaced by his boot. Dragging me up by my hair he forced me against the nearest car and the look of pure hatred in his eyes had my stomach curling; which in hindsight was only made worse by the now increasing pain.

"How many of these bitches are you gonna keep falling in love with?" He sneered and I refused to look away from him.

I've never given him the satisfaction of seeing me weak nor broken and I wouldn't start now. I was a strong woman after all but apparently not strong enough because I was still with him.

"She doesn't want you, the others didn't want you. No one wants you! So why is it that you keep punishing yourself like this?"

He laughed at me before pulling me in for a kiss and I let him. It would be easier to send a knife through his heart but we both knew he didn't have one. He also knew it would be nothing for me to just stab him and stash his corpse but he was holding a dark secret over my head and never ceased to remind me that if something should happen to him, the entire world would know.

So I let him kiss me. And imagined it being her.

I let him touch me and replaced his touch with hers.

And when he shoved me against the car and took me right there, I still imagined that it was her I was spending the night with. Allowing my mind to take me from this moment to anywhere she was. It was sad, it was pathetic. She could never love me like I love her and I was okay with that because in my mind she was my Akin.

A/N

I know y'all really wanna know what her terrible secret could be that could cause her to stay with such a terrible man... sad. Cause even I don't know... lol. Kidding.

Akin- that's the guy who saves Hannibal in @rotXinXpieces book called Monster. I love her and her series.

Hope y'all enjoyed.

Leave your thoughts and likes. They really make me laugh and feel some type of way each time and I read each one. 😘