SIXTH;

"girl, stop worrying about that stupid ass

"girl, stop worrying about that stupid ass. taehyung's got you." lalisa cheered her best friend up upon knowing she's been worrying about her male best friend.

"i haven't talked to him in a while, you know?" she continues fixing herself, after all, it was prom night.

"yea, and he's with yerim now, that hot chick he's with all the time." lisa added her tea, slightly just worsening rosé's situation.

"yerim? who the fu-" she was stopped when the blondie shoved her hand in front of her dirty mouth. "just, no. you'll see."

the second the clock strikes 8, knocks were heard outside their door. "must be tae."

rosé opened the door with a warm smile, seeing the literal prince in front of her.

"you look really pretty, rosé." he complimented, eyeing her up and down. she held her smile, giving her a faint blush.

she faded however when she realized she was gonna have to leave her best friend alone.

"just a sec tae." she excused herself before confronting lisa. "yo, he's here."

lisa gave a cheeky ass-slap before sending rosé off. "just go. my date will arrive soon. use protection fellas!" she gave her message that made rosé low-key embarrassed.

》》》

so far, prom was lonely for rosé. she did gain friends from taehyung's side, but overall, nothing progressed. she also hadn't seen jeongguk around the whole day.

"you okay?" taehyung held her close as they danced to the sweet melody.

rosé hugged him tighter, resting her chin on his shoulder. she nodded, not wanting to hurt his feelings.

from the distance, she spotted yerim and jeongguk, actually having fun with each other. she looked away with a slight green eye. she couldn't possibly be jealous because of him, right?

taehyung must've sensed something was wrong with her, by the way she didn't move. he pulled away from her, and stared right into her angelic eyes. "stop lying roseanne."

she smiled weakly, finally giving in. "sorry tae. just have a lot in my mind. you're probably regretting asking me out." she gave her apologies, and her feeling of being a burden to him.

"no. not one bit do i regret it." they smiled to each other, gazing. rosé shyly looked away, tucking the loose strands of hair back.

"come." taehyung gently held her hand, pulling her some place else.

they both giggled loud as they ran through the corridors of the venue. taehyung opened a door, revealing the ball's rooftop terace.

rosé awed at the sight. the midnight sky never failed to amuse her.

"this is really pretty, taehyung." her eyes never looked away from the horizons in front of her.

"i think you're even prettier." he whispered, sending shivers down her spine. she liked it, but strangely remembered her scenario with the only guy she's been dying to see all night,

jeongguk.