NINTH;

her hand nervously hesitated to grab the box on the store counter

her hand nervously hesitated to grab the box on the store counter. she was 18 years old, she was sure she wasn't ready. her period hadn't come on in a while, and it was her time of the month.

after scrambling to get back home, she kept thinking about her life onwards if the result was positive. she wouldn't mind, but she would be dragged down by it.

the worst is that the maker already left her. she would have to raise it on her own.

sitting down, releasing her liquids, she uncomfortably sat with sweat drops trickling down her face.

rosé collected herself before looking at the results. her mind was going crazy, her dreams would seriously go down along with her one-parent family.

she nervously picked the piece of plastic up, losing all sanity after what she saw.

the supposed creamfilled wasn't exactly sure of her results. out comes two blurry lines. rosé didn't believe what she saw, it was too blurry for her.

calming down, she sat on the toilet seat, having a crisis on her life. "this is it. it's finally over." she mumbled to herself, still looking at the test.

she threw the plastic test on the floor, a little too hard.

she fished out another box from the paper bag to gain more proof the test wasn't lying on her.

she took it again, and she felt as if her life renewed. rosé felt relieved after seeing the one clear red line on the test. but immediately frowned, not sure on what to believe.

her hand slowly grabbed the first test and saw a difference.

she felt as if her soul suddenly purified. both tests read just one, meaning the test she took earlier was at fault. it must've bled through, making it seem she was pregnant.

she threw both tubes away, but still appointed for a check up just to be safe. seeing that the test earlier was faulty, she had to leave it up to the professionals.

a/n : rosé won't be pregnant here.
this is just a small chapter to reference
rosie dunne's pregnancy in the movie:
love, rosie, the film that inspired this book.