Chapter 23 - Live a little, White

When I wake up the next day I wonder if it was all a dream or if I'm really in Noah's bed.

By the cold, empty space next to me, I know he's already up. His smell is still strong on the pillow and I take a deep breath remembering the events of last night.

I would have never guessed I'd end up the night in his bed, with him, out of all people, even if we didn't do anything more than sleep.

Every time I say I'll stay away, something pulls me back to him. Like it or not, I just can't find it in me to keep my distance. I wouldn't be here if this wasn't true.

Oh, brain, you and I need to have a serious conversation.

I get up to go to the bathroom to wash my face and get the sleep out of my eyes. I'm surprised to see that he left a spare toothbrush and a towel for me with a post-it note saying 'use me'.

He's too nice when he does things like this.

I take a quick shower and once I'm done, I walk into the living room. I almost trip over myself when I see he's shirtless in the kitchen, only wearing sweatpants.

Sweatpants? Really? If there's any way of this boy get any hotter, please let me know, because I can't see any.

He has a pan in hand and is focused on the oven, making pancakes. I guess this answers my question if he ever cooks.

I can see the muscles on his back contract while he moves.

Is it just me or it's hot in here?

God, give me strength!

I lean against the door frame and take my time to admire him. Noah Allen cooking shirtless just became my new favorite view. Definitely my cup if tea.

He notices me standing there and turns around to face me, putting a freshly baked pancake on a plate.

"You're up. Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"You didn't, I had to get out of bed eventually." I smile and look at the clock on his wall to realize it's already late.

I overslept, as usual.

He must be think I'm a lazy fat ass who likes to sleep more than breathing, which is true, but he doesn't need to know that.

I sit on the counter stool, my eyes on him all the time. He's now back to cooking and thankfully he has his back to me again, so he can't see me staring.

You mean drooling?! Yeah, that too.

"So, power is back." I say, forcing myself to look away from him.

"Yeah, it was back only this morning. Some roads are still closed though. The storm was quite something."

"Oh, but I can go back to the campus, right?"

Honestly, I don't want the answer to be yes. I enjoyed spending time with him more than I want to admit, so I already feel bad just thinking about going back to my dorm.

''I don't think so. The main road to the campus is still closed, so I guess you're stuck with me for now. I made us breakfast.''

He gives me a shy smile and at this very moment, I understand why girls fall at his feet. Why wouldn't they? He's the most adorable person when he wants to be.

I smile at the thought of being stuck with him, just when he finishes the last pancake and gestures for me to get some from the plate.

His eyes are on me and even though I feel a bit weird under his stare, I can't look away.