Chapter 18 - Am I that obvious?

It was already morning when Mads got back to the dorm, still in her cheer uniform.

''Mads, it was amazing!'' I say as soon as she steps into our dorm.

''It was, wasn't it?'' She jumps up and down, giving me a hug, still full of energy. I seriously need to find a way to get some energy from her. Osmoses or some shit like this we learn in Biology.

''God, I need to get some sleep. Oh, by the way, there's a huge lake party planned next weekend, to celebrate the game and we're so going.''

I really don't know how she can already think of another party after being out all night, but I agree to go anyway.

"Ok, but why not this weekend?"

"Well, we do have to study. We have exames next week, so everyone thought would be better to focus and leave the party for the other week."

"Oh wow, I wasn't expecting this one. Who would have thought that people around here also study."

"Very funny. Of course we do. Sometimes at least." I chuckle. "God, I need a shower. All right, I'll see you later."

She's out for her shower and I make my way to my first class.

Just as I predicted, half of the students didn't attend. I guess the professor was also expecting it and something tells me he's kind of grateful, I saw him at the game last night and he does look like he could use a nap.

Right after class, I see Noah getting out of his own class and before I can stop myself, I'm already going his direction.

''Noah, are you ok?'' He looks at me like I've grown another head and raises an eyebrow. O-kay, I guess we're back to not talking terms.

''Yes, why wouldn't I be?'' He starts walking, but I follow him.

''I don't know, I didn't see you at the game.''

''When did this become any of your business?'' Excuse me?

''Wow, you don't have to be rude, I was just worried about you. Ryan and I thought that--'' I say without even thinking, but he cuts me off.

''How cute, you and your boyfriend were talking about me.'' I can feel the sarcasm, but the way he said was almost as if he's confirming my crazy suspicious that he might actually be jealous of me.

''He's not my boyfriend.''

''Why does he keep showing up anyway? Doesn't he have his own friends?'' He crosses his arms.

''He's my friend Noah, that's why he's always around. What's the problem?''

''You know what, I don't like the guy.'' I wasn't expecting him to admit it, even if it's pretty obvious that he has a problem with Ryan, but still I don't really know what to say next.

''You don't even know him.'' I also cross my arms, wondering how this conversation went down this road so fast.

''For someone who says he is not your boyfriend, you're sure as hell defending him a lot.'' His tone is harsh, but I don't back off.

''I told you, he's not. We're not interested in each other like that.'' I don't know why I feel the need to say this to him.

''God, you're so naive, you know that? The guy is drooling all over you. You just don't see it.''

I don't believe that Noah Allen would be jealous of anyone, let alone me, but it's getting hard to think otherwise, considering the way he's acting. 

I decide to push it and test my theory though, because I'm an idiot.

''What if he's interested in me? We're both single, so I don't see what the big deal is.'' He narrows his eyes at me.