Chapter 51 - I am his source

As soon as I click on the small icon and the photo pops up on my phone, I smile.

The picture is actually a print screen of an Instagram account and it shows Noah dressed in a perfect tuxedo, standing next to his dad.

I already thought they looked alike when we went to his house and I met him, but seeing this picture where they are both dressed in tux, it's like I'm seeing duplicate.

They look exactly alike.

I force myself to stop looking at Noah's perfect face and take a moment to analyze the photo in more details.

Noah looks so serious – incredibly hot too - like a true business man and future CEO and his father looks as handsome as he does, only older.

I'm still smiling at my phone when it hits me what this is all about.

I read the photo caption and suddenly everything clicks.

That's why Kevin sent me this photo.

David Allen, CEO of Allen Industries with his son Noah Allen, at Normston Annual Charity Ball tonight. Aren't they a sight for sore eyes? *wink*

What the actual fuck?

Allen Industries?

The Allen Industries, as in my father's biggest competitor?

If it's the same company, I know they've being trying to take over my dad's company for a while. I was never interested about any of it, so I don't know much, but for the first time in my life, I wish I knew more.

Noah Allen. Allen Industries.

Holy fucking shit.

I never paid attention to his last name. I mean, not like this. I would have never imagined we were talking about the same people.

I keep repeating his name in my head as if this will make any sense. Is this some sort of joke?

Maybe Noah doesn't know who I am and this is just a coincidence or a misunderstanding.

Please, let this be a misunderstanding.

It's not possible that I've been so blind this whole time and didn't put the pieces together before, is it?

I blink several times to the picture in front of me and read the caption for what feels the millionth time.

It can't be true. It's not possible that Noah is an Allen, from Allen industries. It just can't be.

He wouldn't lie to me like this, would he?

God, I have so many questions right now and my heart is pounding like crazy.

The voice inside my head is screaming the truth, but I don't want to believe that it's real, even if the picture shows Noah – my Noah - and his dad.

With my hands shaking, I close the message and open the browser, typing Noah's name, along with his father's.

It takes more time than necessary to complete this simple action, because my entire body is shaking and I feel like the small space of the bathroom is even smaller.

As soon as I hit the search button, thousands of pictures start showing up as results. Noah and his dad at an office, a photo of a group of people with t-shirts with the company's name at some sort of convention, more pictures of Noah and even more of his father.

I avoid the countless messages Kevin and Abby are sending me, because I can't deal with them right now. The only thing I'm focused on are those stupid images.