Kindergarten Girlfiend

[MARTIN:]

There was a girl I met in kindergartenShe was sweet, she said that I was smartShe was good at sports and people liked herAnd at nap time once we shared a matI didn't sleep I sat and watched her breathingWatched and dreamed for nearly half an hourOoh ooh ooh...Then she woke upShe pulled a scab off one time playing kick ballKissed me quick then pressed it in my handI took that scab and put it in a locketAll year long I wore it near my heartShe didn't care if I was thin or prettyAnd she was mine until we hit first gradeOoh ooh ooh...Then she woke upLast night I dreamed a horse with wingsFlew down into my homeroomOn its back there she satAnd she held out her armsSo we sailed above the gymAcross the faculty parking lotMy kindergarten girlfriend and IAnd a horse with wingsNow we're all grown up and we know betterNow we recognize the way things areCertain girls are just for kindergartenCertain boys are meant to be aloneBut I believe that any dream worth havingIs a dream that should not have to endSo I'll build a dream that I can live inAnd this time I'm never waking upAnd we'll soar above the treesOver cars and croquet lawnsPast the church and the lakeAnd the tri-county mallWe will fly through the dawnTo a new kindergartenWhere nap time is centuries longOoh ooh ooh...