Chapter 37: Nightmarish

Dean climbed out of the Impala to give you one last lecture before you went off to hopefully get captured by whatever or whoever took Alex and Claire.

"Do you have the machete?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Angel blade, dead man's blood, silver bullets-"

"Dean," you stopped him from rambling on. "Relax. I have everything."

"You're sure?"

"Positive." You smiled seeing him be so worried about you. It was cute to know he cared so much. It made you feel all warm and fuzzy,

Dean nodded his head and shoved his hands in his pockets. You could see him toying with the pocket knife in his pocket. "Have my contact up and ready to call in case something goes wrong when we can't see you. We'll try to follow closely behind without being suspicious."

"I'll be okay. I promise."

"You better be."

You laughed at his words. "Or what?"

His face had a serious tone. "Or I'll be broken if I have to experience losing you again."

You threw your arms around his neck, standing on your tiptoes to be able to reach. Dean grunted in surprise before he pulled you tight into him. It was as if you needed to be close to each other. Dean needed you in that moment and you needed him in more ways than one.

"Get a room," Sam yelled out of the Impala window.

The two of you separated immediately, an embarrassed flush on your faces. You tugged your jacket tighter around you, feeling the loss of Dean's warmth on your body.

"We'll see you in a little bit kiddo," Dean said.

"Kiddo? I'm not that much younger than you!" You were crushed at his nickname for you. It squashed the rising hope you had that maybe he liked you more than a friend and sister.

"Don't think about it too much." He winked and walked to the Impala, leaving you more confused than before.

Rather than dwelling on it all, you waved goodbye to Jody and the boys and walked to the first place Jody said the girls may have gone.

You pushed the door open to a café, the wind created by opening the door pushed your hair back. The bell above the door rang to announce your presence. The place was warm and inviting. The lights were dim and the walls were covered in brick and old-style photos.

The barista welcomed you from behind the counter and you decided to order a coffee. It was chilly out, and a warm coffee sounded amazing. The girl who couldn't have been older than seventeen took your order with a smile.

"You can go ahead and sit somewhere. I'll be right out with it."

"Awesome," you replied, happy to look around the café. There was a fireplace on the wall opposite of the order counter. Each side had a bookshelf nestled against it filled with books of different ages and types.

This is a place you certainly would've enjoyed going to when you were younger. It seemed like a nice place to get some school work done, or even get together with a group of friends.

"Here's your coffee."

You turned around with a start, scared to have someone suddenly behind you.

"I'm so sorry," the girl started to apologize.

"No, don't apologize," you chuckled. "I need to pay better attention to my surroundings."

She handed the coffee over and you thanked her, handing her a small tip. When you made it back into the crisp air brought by the beginning of October, you were greeted by the sight of unconscious boys and a missing Jody. With your heart racing in fear of what might be, you ran as fast as your now shaking legs would carry you. You ripped the door of the Impala open and checked over the boys.