Chapter three: Becoming a God Eater isn't easy

"How about we go out for dinner please?"

I saw a guy pleading over the desk where Hibari ignores him typing on the keyboards. The guy sulk sinking his head low. He turns around and sees me.

"Hey there! I never saw your face around here. New recruit?"

I nod my head.

"My name is Tatsumi. I'm a guard private in unit 3."

I introduce with my name and unit.

"Ah! Lindow's team. You got yourself a lucky team. Lindow is amazing teacher."
Tatsumi praise Lindow for his teaching of showing him how to guard. Tatsumi stop for a moment. He was being called by his unit.

"Aw, darn. Well, I have to go. It's nice to meet you." Tatsumi glance at Hibari. "Catch you later, Hibari!" Tatsumi left. Hibari sighs, " I thought he never leave. Thanks for distracting him." She smiles at me.

"What do you need today?"

I told her if there was any mission available. She told me there is but ask if I was going alone.

"I can give you member whose available to join you."

I thank her.

"I could go with you."

I turn around seeing a pink hair girl with a smile on her face.

"Kanon," said Hibari.

"Sup, I don't mind helping with this person mission. I'm totally available." She said.

"Is that okay with you?" said Hibari.

"I don't mind," I said.

"Cool, I'm Kanon. A medic private I got you recover if you need assistance."

I gave her my name and unit.

"Ah! Lindow's team. Sweet! You are like alpha."

I snicker the thought of me being alpha. I shake my head.

"Isn't that cool," she said.

I shrug.

"Well, think about it when you get the chance."

Kanon was a good healer. I nearly was knock out. Kanon blast the healing beam over to me. I was rest assured. There were times she accidentally hit me when I attack the aragami.
"Sorry!" She says.
It wasn't once or twice she hit me with her gun. I didn't scold her. She apologized many times after we finish the mission. I told her it's alright. Kanon didn't believe me and vow herself to work extra hard to not hurt her friends.

"How you holding up?" said Sakuya hand me a can of soda. She spot me in my deep thought on the bench. I took the soda. I begin to drink.
"I heard from Hibari. You've been working hard."
I shrug. I don't feel like I'm working hard. I'm just letting myself walk on by. The mission weren't hard. I know, I'm a rookie. I try to get the mission as done as possible. I want to help save many people as I can.
"You're a good kid," said Sakuya.
I shake my head.
"Don't doubt yourself. You are! You just haven't seen your potential yet. Right now, you're learning."
I took Sakuya's word for consideration. She smiles and sips her soda.
"I need to get back before Lindow starts whining for more beer. Get some sleep." She walks away. I sip more of my soda what I had left.

I work with Brendon. He was good at attacking the aragami. When he gets hit, he brush it off. I slash at the aragami. It had no effect.
"It's weak against ice," Brendon told me.
I had a fire katana. My mistake. I change my god arc into a gun blasting off with ice bullets. .

Brendon gives me a light punch.
"I admire your spirit, kid."
I devour the monster core adding some bonus with materials.
"Does it hurt?" I said.
Brendon looks at me confuse.
"You got hit by the aragami many times than I have."
Brendan shakes his head and then pause for moment.
"Well, it did but I was so use to fighting aragami that I can't feel it as much."
I nod my head.
"I can give you some few pointers about my secret workout."
I was curious so I took on his offer.

This is so much harder than fighting an aragami. Brendon was doing push-up like nothing. For me, I can only do ten. I fell to the ground.
"Come on," he said.
I stare at him seeing put one arm behind his back. I was shock. No way!
I begin to do just regular push-up.
Brendon end our exercise.
"If you need a workout partner, I'll be here."
My arms felt like noodles. I'm glad it's over. I will considerate it to come again but once a month.

"Look! It's the new type!"
I look over seeing a boy with purple hair and a green hood leaning on the wall glaring at me. There was another guy with him. I just came out of my room walking with Kota waiting for the elevator.
"Just ignore them," said Kota.
"Do you think you're special?" said the kid with purple hair.
"Cut it out," said the guy next to them.
I ignore them. He did caught my attention that I was the only new type of God eater in this branch. I was bound to make a few enemies with this abilities.
"Can you quiet down?"
Kota and I see Soma walking down the hall glaring at the kid. Soma was heading to the elevator as we were to. I don't know if I should thank him. Soma glare at me.
"Don't," he said.
Never mind.
"What's his deal?" said Kota lean in. The elevator arrived and we ride in silence going down to the lobby.

"Beer?" said Lindow waving his hand with a bottle of beer offering Kota and I.
Sakuya took the bottle away from him, "they're underage."
"Hey, I drink that stuff when I wa-"
Sakuya put the beer bottle in his mouth.
"Sorry about that, how you two going so far?"
"I like it. Everyone have been so nice," said Kota.
I nod in agreement.
"That's good, we don't want you guys to feel uncomfortable. We're family," said Lindow drinking last drop of his beer.
"Anyways, we assigning you guys a mission different from your regulars. We believe you guys can go a little higher," said Sakuya.
"Cool! My partner and I can take it!" Kota said
"Excellent! Of course, Lindow and I will be behind you guys If anything happens."
"Cool! We going to get ourselves prepare and be ready."
"I like the enthusiasm, but the mission is tomorrow." Lindow said.
"Come on! We can do this!" Kota said.
"I'm sure but didn't you two came back from a mission not too long ago," said Lindow.
Kota sighs. I pat his back lightly.
"Hey, rookie have you been taking care of your God arc," said Lindow point at my God arc.
"Make sure to keep it well-refine."
I nod my head. Maybe I could see Licca to help me tune my arc.

"You came to the right place," Licca exclaim. She starts examining my arc.
"Well, your God arc is in good shape. It's understandable. You are starting out. Usually, God arc are beaten up badly. Yours is pretty well. I may have to sharpen a bit to make it more sturdy."
I ask, " how long it's going to take."
She told me I'll get it back tomorrow.
I'll come get it early before I go to the mission.

We were in the City of Mercy. Lindow split us up in two teams. I went with Lindow. Kota went with Sakuya. I thought about how Kota is going to talk to me forever about Sakuya and him.
"We'll meet here," said Lindow. That's when we depart and split.
Lindow leads ahead as I follow.
"The objective is defeating a Kougou and some Zygote that are in our way."
I nod to his command.
We were silence until the ground vibrate for a moment. Lindow and I share a look. Lindow took a peek around the corner.
"Objective has been spotted" he reports to me and the intercom. What he's saying is we found a Kougou.
"Remember caution," said Sakuya in the intercom.
"Yeah, yeah you too."
Lindow look back at me, "ready to make me proud?"
I put my blade ready for his order.
"Already looking like a God eater."
We begin our attack.

"Is everyone alright?" said Sakuya in the intercom. Lindow devours the Kougou's core as I keep watch of any aragami lurking.
"We finish the big one. How about you?" said Lindow.
"Kota and I finish our part," said Sakuya in the intercom.
"I guess, we should meet ourselves at the rendezvous."
"Got it!"
I scamper off a bit picking some scraps to help build up my god arc. I didn't go too far and checking my surroundings. Lindow smoke his cigarette. He glance at me picking up certain materials. I came back over to him and show him some stuff I found.
"So are you going to be a material hunter?" he grins.
I shake my head, "I want to help upgrade my weapons."
"I'm just messing with ya. It's good. Not many god eater actually take the time and adventure off for materials for their god arc," Lindow inhales and exhales the smoke. I took two steps back.
He saw me move. He flicks the cigarette leaving it burnt out.
"Do you got everything you needed?" he ask me.
I nod.
Lindow put his arm around me and grins, "this is the perfect opportunity to get to know each other."
Lindow rambles on learning against me as we walk back. I try to hold on not to fall from his upper body weight. I did got to learn a little bit about Lindow. He got to learn a little about me.

I had a feeling Kota was going to chat all day about Sakuya. I was invited to Kota's quarters. I munch on his snacks. He goes on and on about Sakuya sniping skills. I nod that Sakuya is amazing and good at shooting the right points.

I glance at his projection. We suppose to watch this show together instead it's hour about Sakuya. I saw the credits roll up. Kota finally realize the show finish. He starts all over again. Once again, He talks. This time he talks about the episode of what's going to happen next.