Chapter six: Rule 1 Don't die

It's early in the morning, half of Unit 1 is being called down in the lobby by Tsubaki. Kota is half falling asleep since it is 5 am in the morning. Soma leaning against the wall not wanting any interaction with us. Sakuya sits on the couch with her legs cross. Lindow and Alisa weren't present. Tsubaki came out of the elevator. We all got her full attention well.....some of us. I elbow at Kota. He woke up immediately when he saw Tsubaki glaring eyes.

"Listen up! We have sighted a Vajras lurking around Old City. I want you defeat it before many Vajras start to multiply the area, understand?"

"Yes ma'am," Kota and I said out of respect.

"What about Lindow and Alisa?" Sakuya ask.

"They had other missions. You are the only available unit that can do this mission," Tsubaki said.

"Understood," Sakuya said.
Soma is already leaving the premise of the lobby. Kota went to the merchants. Sakuya as well is going to the chopper. I ask Tsubaki about the Viajra weakness. She explain to me what weapon to have and what item that can use for. It was good to know. For some reason, I have this aching headache. I don't know why. Maybe It's morning. I should be use to it by now. I brush it off this worried and run over to the chopper.

"Heroes for the win!" Kota smiles.

The Vajra was by itself. It was lucky enough it was. It was much harder than defeating a Chi-You.

"Don't celebrate yet," Soma said.

Kota pull his tongue out when Soma turn his back, I agree with Soma. There are still other Aragami lurking. The Maidens are still there watching us, waiting to step into their trap. Just thinking about what Dr. Sakaki said coexisting with aragami. How can we?

"How's everyone holding up?" Sakuya said setting her gun down.

Sakuya wasn't looking so good. It was a long day. It's probably already noon.

"Orgetail coming at two o'clock," Soma said.

"Great," Sakuya said lifting up her sniper.

I put my hand on top of Sakuya's shoulder and shake my head, "rest up."

Sakuya looks at me.

"Yeah, We got this Tachibana," Kota said.

"I hate to admit, they're right. You aren't looking well," Soma said.

Sakuya looks at everyone, "okay, I will. If I see one of you down, I'm going back in."

Kota put a thumbs up. I nod my head. Soma put his weapon up.

Lindow and Alisa are roaming around the other side of Old City. They caution themselves seeing any Aragami. It was quiet only hearing the sound of their footsteps and the wind.

"I dunno....Something definitely off here...." Lindow spoke.

They continue walking. Alisa was acting strange turning a bit pale. There was a loud roar. Alisa got spook thinking back to her past only for a moment.

"You all right?" Lindow ask seeing Alisa's expression.

"Yeah, I'm fine. The flanks are clear, Captain."

"Okay, let's move."

The two resume walking in caution.

Soma lead the way. I got the left and Kota got the right. Sakuya took the rear. We walk in caution in search of other Aragami lurking. We went behind the abandoned cathedral and saw Lindow and Alisa coming out from the other side.

"What the-" Soma said.

"Hey guys!" Lindow said in a low tone.

"Lindow, What's up? Why are you here?" Kota said.

"Was this an error? Or maybe they sent two teams to cover the region?" Sakuya said walking to the front.

In mission, There's only one team taking the mission. If there's two, They could have inform us. There's another group nearby.

"I dunno, I guess that's a problem for later. Let's wrap up the mission and then head back. Alisa and I will cover the church. You guys cover the exterior. Cool?" Lindow order.

The two walk inside to the abandon church. The headache is coming worse that I use my God arc to help myself lean a bit.

"Hey, are you okay? You don't look so hot?" Kota looks at me.

"I'm fine just a bit tired," I said.

"Rest up. We need your energy," Sakuya said.

"I'm fine," I said.

"Hey, you just going to burden us. I'm not going to save you if you're down on my watch," Soma said.
I had no choice to listen to my comrades advice and sit down leaning against the wall. I close my eyes for a moment. The wind is blowing through my hair. My hand feel the ground. For some reason, my body just couldn't relax. Am I having a fever at the time like this? We heard rocks tumbling inside the church.

"What's going on?!" Kota said.

I quickly got to my feet. Sakuya and I didn't take a second thought and rush in there. We saw Alisa on her knees looking dazed.

"Alisa!? What happened?!" Sakuya said.

"No...I didn't meant to mommy.....I'm sorry."

Her mentality wasn't there. This isn't good.

Sakuya blast at the rocks that Lindow is on the other side. I could hear the battle going on. Lindow is all alone in there. Sakuya is trying her best to get rid of the rocks. It was no use.

Another Aragami has entered the church. It was a Prithvi Mata and it brought friends. I attack the aragami getting away from Alisa and Sakuya. It was getting out of hand. Soma and Kota can't handle the ones outside. We're surrounded.

"We've got to get out of here!" Soma yelled.

"Sakuya, I need you to take Alisa and take her back to the den. You hear me!?" Lindow said at the other side of the boulders.

"Lindow!" Sakuya said.

"Do this for me! Take Alisa and fall back."

I try to push back the aragami. I slice it's face. But that didn't budge them to keep coming.

"Sakuya, you are in charge of the newbies. Soma, cut them a path. That's an order!" Lindow yell.

"Momma....papa....I didn't mean to....I..."

I glance over to Alisa and Sakuya. Alisa is unable to stand nor aware to her surroundings. I run over and put her on my back. Sakuya is screaming and pleading to Lindow

"Lindow break through! Come with us!"

"Yeah, I love to, but I think these monsters need to be taught a lesson first! Save some of that awful ration for me."

I grab Sakuya's arm and she look at me.

She looks at me in the eye and I said, "Sakuya, we need to go."

She bite her lip and said, "Alright, if you don't come back within 24 hours! I'll get you myself! 

"You guys!" Soma said. "We've got company, but they aren't Aragami."

I pass Alisa over to Sakuya as I quickly ran out of cathedral and saw what Soma was talking about.

"People....." I mutter.

"Are they going to help us?" Kota ask.

I look at the people wearing odd clothing. They had no representation of any branch like we do. The aragami are by their side not fighting them nor us.

"Stay on your guard, you two," Soma said with a whisper.

One of them step forward and ask, "So, you are godeaters..."

"Yes, what of it?" Soma answers.

I tighten the grip of my god arc. He seems to notice our expression. He examines us. I examine the rest of his group. Were they people or are they aragami? There is no time to stay around. Alisa is no condition fighting and so are we. We're exhausted. Lindow is trapped. Sakuya came out of the Church with Alisa on her back.

"What the-"

"Another one," the man says with a heavy thick accent.

I mentally count how many are there.

"Sakuya, did you call in the chopper?" I whisper.

"Yes, It will be coming in shortly."

"I have a plan. When I said go, everyone run, got it."

The whole team nod their heads.

I see the opening.

"GO!"

Everyone scatter running in different direction. I didn't. I dash straight at their leader attacking at him first. He caught my attack. I felt a pierce at the back of my neck. It was a slight pinch. The leader push me. I couldn't stand. I wobble back leaning against the wall.

Kota scream my name. I look to the side a bit blur. Soma was pushing back. The chopper was there to save them.

"Just at the neck of time....." I mutter.

The leader crouch down forcing to see his face.

"We caught our first test subject."
My body was going numb. I can't touch the grip of my god arc. My leg won't move. My eyes are starting to close. My mind is still running. I don't regret what I have done. I save everyone. I just need to hold on.
Just a bit longer.....