Chapter eight: Out of Comission

I turn my head feeling I'm laying something soft. I open my eyes.
"Are you awake?!"
"Not so loud, you idiot!"
The voices sound familiar.
"Hey, are you up?"

My vision came to. I'm staring at Kota, Soma and Sakuya with relieve expression on their face.
Kota gave me a big hug, "Welcome back!"
"We thought we lost you," Sakuya said.
"Where were you?" Kota said.

I shake my head unable to answer. Right now, I just want to look at them and listen to their voices. I notice Lindow and Alisa aren't present. I assume they are on a mission or resting in the quarters.

"I'm heading out," Soma said.
Soma pull his hood and walks away. It's good to know he cared for my well-being.
"He's such a jerk," Kota said.
"I'm going to inform Tsubaki. You have awaken."
Sakura pats my head and leaves my room.

"Hey pal, I'm glad to see you. I should let you rest."
I grab Kota's wrist.
"What is it?"
I didn't want him to go. I was in that facility for so long. There was hardly any human contact. I just really need someone to talk to just for a bit. I let go of him.

"Oh? I bet you have lots of questions."
I nod my head firm.
"Ask away."
I thought a moment.
"How many days was I out?"
"Weeks. Probably 2 or maybe 3."
It was longer than I expected.
"Where's Alisa?" I ask.
"Alisa is the other room. She's not well. She doesn't want to speak with anybody. Maybe you can help. You are a new type as well."
"And Captain?"
Kota took off his hat and tightens up.
"Well....."
he avoid my eyes. I don't like this.
"He's missing."
"Missing!?"
"Well, that's what some of us believe."
By Kota's face, I have miss a lot. Lindow hasn't return or maybe worse.
"Anyway, I should leave you to rest. It's nice to see back, pal."

Kota leaves my room. I sit there wondering. I stroke my bangs back. I just couldn't believe Lindow. It's just so sudden. I want to scream. I can't. My emotions were so numb. I put my face to my pillow. I feel so helpless.

Dr. Sakaki did a check up on me. He was surprise how fast my injuries have recover just for two days.
"How is that possible?"
He wait for me to answer. I could 't bring myself to answer what they have done to me.
"I just need to check your blood."
He takes out a needle. I slap his hand and move back. My body shiver. Dr. Sakaki was surprise. He notice my fear.
"Sorry, I won't do it."
He put the needle far away from me.
"I'm glad you are alright. I do have question about the people you have met."
I nod.
It's a caution procedure for other God eater to know if they ever encounter them to stay away. I explain to him what they have done and who are they. I didn't tell him about the aragami part.
"I see...... that's interesting. Humans controlling aragami."
"Yes."
"Do you know what kind of device?"
"None."
"Were the aragami different?"
"They look the same like I always face in missions."
"I see......thanks for the information. I'll look into it. If you had any more new information. Come to my office."
I nod my head.
Dr. Sakaki leaves the room. I lay there wondering what to do.

I was freely to walk around. I was happy to be back into my clothes. People were happy to see me. They gave me gifts, hugs and pat on the back. They even inform me about Lindow. They tell me Alisa is in the medical room. She's not allow to have any visitor. I want to go check on her since Lindow did tell me to keep an eye on her.

I walk down the hall and hear Alisa yelling.
"It's not my fault! Leave me alone!"
"Hold her down!"
I hear Tsubaki at the other side of the door.
"Mommy! Daddy! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"
Her voice is getting higher and higher. I was about to get in.
"I wouldn't go in if I was you."
I turn around looking at a man with sunglasses and bandana on his head.

"Once the medication wears off, she tears apart. Come back another day, she'll be better."

"Get away from me!"
I hear Alisa's voice shouting top of her lungs.

"She wouldn't want for you to see her like that. She cares even she don't say so."

I walk away from her door and went somewhere else.

I went to see Licca. I saw My God arc is brand new and polish. 
"I'm glad to see you moving around. Your God arc has been waiting for you."
I'm glad to see it. I thought I lost it forever. I put my head against my God arc. I want to remind myself I'm a god eater not an Aragami.
" Something the matter?"
"No, just happy to know it was in your hands."
"Your God arc was left alone when you got kidnap. Lucky enough, it wasn't badly beaten. I am impressed how well you taken care of it."
"Can I take it back?"
"Sure, come back anytime if I need to fix it."
"Thank you."
I put the God arc over my shoulder.

Night has fallen, I had a hard time sleeping in my bed. I went on the couch. It didn't comfort me. I left my room and went to the soda machine. It was out of order.
"I can go to the veteran quarters."
I took the elevator above floor. I saw the machine putting quarters in and getting a soda pop.
"Busted."
I shriek dropping my soda spilling the carpet. I look who was it.
"Sakuya!"
"Sorry, Kota makes it look so easy to tease you."
I pick up the can and toss it in the trash.
"I'll buy you a drink for my failing attempt."
"Thank you."
We sit side by side. I drink a sip of the soda. Sakuya didn't open her can.
"I'm happy to see you moving around. I thought you wouldn't walk again."
Honestly, me too.
"It's a miracle."
It went silent.
"I'm sorry about Lindow."
"He's not dead!" She raise her voice.
It spook me. She look at me and message her temple.

"Sorry, I'm just under a lot of stress. Lindow missing, then you were gone, we don't have a captain, Alisa isn't mentally unstable. it was a lot."

"I know, Kota inform me when I was out that I miss a lot. I'll try my best to help everyone as best as I can."
Sakuya smile and pats my head, "Thank you for coming back to us."
She stands up and walk back to her room. It was clear Sakuya was close to Lindow than anybody in unit 1. I drink the whole can in one gulp. I crush the soda. I look at the can and saw my handprint. I didn't know my own strength...well aragami strength. I threw away the can and head back to my quarters.

I visit Alisa at the medical room and that man I met was there.
"There's no use talking to her like this. The tranquilizer have effect on her. She will be unconscious for hours."
Poor Alisa....
I touch her hand. I saw flashes of memories pouring into my mind. They aren't mine. I put my hand away.
"Wha! Where am I? Why am I....?"
Alisa turn her head and look at me sitting at her side.

"No, no she's can't wake up. I need to make a record of this. Excuse me."
The man leaves the room.
"Just now... you.." Alisa mutters.
I look at my hand that touch hers. What did I do?
"I don't....know..."
Alisa falls back into conscious.
What...What did I just saw? It was too quick for me to register what I exactly saw. I saw Lindow, Aragami and something else.
"Sorry, you have to leave. Visiting hours are over."
The man return. I got up and leave.

Was this a new Aragami power? I have to test it out. I went to the main lobby. Kota is talking to other God eaters. I touch Kota's shoulder.
"Sup, Buddy?" He greets me
Nothing.
"What happened?"
I touch his hand.
"Woah! Hey!"
Nothing, still.
Kota put his hand back to his side.
"What are you doing?"
"Testing," I bluntly said.
"Of what?"
"Something."
I look around the lobby who I can try next.
"Hey! Recruit!" Tatsumi said putting up a high five. I high five him back.
Nothing.
"You shouldn't be moving around so much," Kanon put her hands on my shoulder.
Really? Nothing at all.
I saw Soma coming back from the mission. I walk over to him. He was surprise I'm walking over to him.
"Why are you up?" Soma said.
I know Soma is going to kill me. I just need to check. I grab his hand. Soma shuddered. No memories. Huh?
Weird. 
!!!!!!!!
I feel my blood surging through my veins. It's pulsing.

I let go of him. 

"Do you want me to kill you?" Soma said glaring at me. I look at him and a slight growl coming from my mouth that I quickly cover it up before Soma notice.

"Hey, say your sorry," Kota said elbowing me.
"I...I have to go..." I mutter.

The blood is surging through me is boiling. It's burning into my skin. I need to leave the area. Pronto.

Without a second thought, I dash out of the lobby.

I hear Kota call my name.

I ran passing through everyone who caught eyes on me. There is definitely punishment when I get back.

Once, I step out of the walls. I couldn't contain myself.

I morph into aragami. I need an aragami to fight to get rid of this adrenaline. I found a Vita roaming around. I attack it. I saw another and then another. I was going rampage. I didn't see anyone in sight. I return back to normal heading back to the walls.

"What were you thinking leaving without permission!?" Tsubaki yelling at me.
Tsubaki was inform by Hibari when I escape out of the lobby. It wasn't discreet when I left. It's lucky, I didn't transform right in front everyone.
I stay silent.
"I understand you want to go out. You are in no condition to fight. You are to stay here on the sidelines."
I nod my head firm.
She sighs, "I understand it's a lot to take in. Lindow being gone, Alisa is out of commission, you can't fight. Unit 1 is unstable right now. You have no captain to lead. As of now, rest. Tomorrow, I'll put you back in."
"Understood, ma'am."
I bow my head.
Tsubaki stomp her heels walking away going to the elevator. I went inside my head quarters.