Chapter five: There's another New Type

Unit 1 were called by Tsubaki, drill instructor. We lined up. Tsubaki holds her clipboard and announce a new arrival joining our team.

"What!?" Kota yell. Tsubaki looks at Kota. Kota quickly apologize. We were all taken aback except Lindow.

"I assume Lindow inform you all," said Tsubaki eyes at Lindow.

Lindow scratch back of his head, "slip my mind."

Tsubaki clear her throat, "please welcome your newest member."

The door opens and came a girl about Kota and I age. Her hair is a dirty blonde I will say. She has a red beret hat on top of her head. Her stomach are exposed. She's even wearing heels. She had a checkered skirt.

"This is Alisa IIinichina Amiella. She's a god eater new type in Russia branch."

A New type.....

"Please welcome her as your comrade."

Kota is excited to see another girl in our team. Alisa flips her hair, "nice to meet you all."

She looks at me and I look at her.
So there was another new type.....

I extend my hand to Alisa introducing myself. She looks at my hand and back at me.

"Are you also a new type?" She ask.

I put my hand away putting behind my back feeling a bit embarrassed. I nod my head.

"Nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to working with you."

Kota move me aside and introduce himself. Alisa wasn't interested.

"Welcome aboard, Alisa. I'm Lindow, team leader of Unit 1."

"Nice to meet you."

"I'm Sakuya and This is Soma. Nice for you to join us."

Alisa reply the same.

Alisa didn't seem interest with us. After a few words, she leaves heading back to her quarters.

"Not much of a talker," says Kota.

I'm happy there's another person like me, but will we get along?

"Picking up from last time, we were discussing oracle cells . yes?"
Kota fell asleep once again in Dr. Sakaki lectures. Alisa had her back straighten and focus on Dr. Sakaki lecture. I, on the other hand was spacing in and out. He brought me back in when he turn on the projector showing pictures what the environment had look like before Aragami appear. I don't remember much what everything use to look like.

"The environment as we know it--the leftovers is diminishing at a unsustainable rapid pace."
As Dr. Sakaki spoke about the autumn, the buildings and food, It's hard to believe we use to live in peace without struggling to survive.

Dr. Sakai walks over to Kota while speaking in his lectures. I couldn't save Kota this time.
"It's ironic. We hunt the Aragami and they hunt us yet it is due to their photosynthesis that we can still breathe."
He lightly taps on Kota's head.
"Zz.....no mom, earmuffs don't go on cookies..." Kota mutter in his sleep.

Alisa rolls her eyes, "really? Does he not understand how important this is?"
She looks at Dr. Sakai and then back at me. I shrug knowing Kota for a while that this isn't his best subject.

"He is merely Kota. Tell me, have either of you heard the term Nova's devouring apocalypse?"
Dr. Sakaki walk to the center of the room looking Alisa and I expression.
I shake my head never heard of it. Alisa put her hand on her chin.
"Yes, it will rhetorically come into being through aragami fighting each other."

"Aragami fighting each other...." I mumble to myself.

Alisa continues, "Humanity's extinction is triggered by a Nova, an Aragami grown so massive and so powerful that it literally devours the world."

The sound of it makes my whole body shivers just thinking about it.
Kota rise his head opening his eyes.

"Precisely, Now we have no confident source for the origin of this theory. And many people have dismissed it."

"But, when the Aegis project is complete. That'll protect us all, right? said Kota.

Dr. Sakaki silently pause staring at Kota.
"Do you know what a dog is, Kota?"

"Huh?"

"Yes, Canis Lupus Familiarus. Even now their number are fading. But they can still be seen around the Outer Ghetto."

"Dogs are intelligent . No They cannot speak but they have natural almost innate form of communication with other species . Like us."

Is Dr. Sakaki telling us Kota is like a dog? I glance at Kota for a moment. Now I think about it. When he get excited, he jumps around. When he's sad, he put his head down.

"Now, if an Aragami were take on these sort of qualities. Would that Aragami then be able to co-exist with us?"

My eyes widened imagining that thought of Aragami acting like pets is a bit absurd.

"Co-exist?" Alisa thought a moment while furrowing her brow.

"Of course dogs are not the only animal that possesses this sort of ingrown communication."

"It's not possible. Human and Aragami cannot live together. Simple fact." Alisa said.

Kota and I glance at each other and nod in agreement with her.

Dr. Sakaki sighs, "class dismissed."

Dr. Sakaki had me thinking about about humans and Aragami co-existing. We have been fighting since Aragami appear on this earth. How can we live in peace if Aragami cares about eating the human race.

Kota gives me a slap on the arm.

"Ouch." I said.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"It's your fault," Alisa intervene.

Alisa had one hand on her hips.

" We're god eaters. Act like one. We are not here to play games."

She walk pass us flipping her hair back. Kota didn't know what to say. I think Alisa hurts his pride. I patted Kota's back out of sympathy.

"She's right. It's my fault. I'm sorry."

I shake my head, "no need."

"Hey, I got to go back to my headquarters. See you later."

Kota waves goodbye to me. I wave back.

The Next day, I was assign for a mission given by Tsubaki, drill instructor. She told me I wasn't going alone. There will be two other members on this mission. They were already over at the field.
Alisa is holding her god arc by her two hands. I'm surprise I'm already working with her. Alisa notice my presence, looks at my god arc and then looking somewhere else. I didn't mind the silent treatment. It'll be nice to go material hunting. I can't start the mission without the third party.

"Looks, like I get the pleasure of working with both new types."

Lindow is walking over to us with his God's arc over his shoulder.

"I'll try not get in the way," he laughs.

"It isn't getting the way. You should just stick to what Old types do best. You are our support," Alisa spoke.

Did she just diss on Lindow?

I look at Lindow's expression of how he reacts to her comment.

"Well...then I guess I'll do my best to live up your high expectations of me." Lindow said putting his hand on Alisa's shoulder. It made Alisa jump backwards. This shock me and Lindow.

"Woah, okay you really don't like me, huh? That's fine, I'll grown on to you," Lindow said.

"No, I'm sorry. It's nothing," Alisa said.

I'm a bit concern seeing Alisa hiding her face with her hat trying to play it off that nothing is wrong. Lindow and I can see it.

"I was just kidding. Just a joke. I want you to try something, Alisa. It might help."

Alisa looks at Lindow. I slowly back away and let them talk as I collect materials.

"When things get crazy, I want you to look up in the sky and find a cloud that looks like an animal. It'll help you relax. You know what. Try it right now. That's an order."

"Why would I do that? That's pointless," Alisa comment.

"Look for a cloud. Trust me. Hey!" Lindow raise his voice a bit calling to me over. I look over my shoulder. Lindow points, "We're going on ahead."

I follow Lindow as we jump down from the cliff. We begin to roam around the area.

"What about-"

"Alisa, She'll be fine. Listen kid, I need to ask you something."

Lindow stop in his tracks to look at me. He's serious.

"Since you're a New type. Can you keep eye on her?"

To be honest, I thought she's seems capable on her own. After that sudden jump, I'm not sure if she's prepare. I believe she has cold feet. Lindow asking me to keep eye on her. Maybe something wrong with Alisa than I thought.

"I'll try....."

Lindow put his hand on top of my shoulder, " I know you will." He gives me a big pat on the back almost making me fall. He did a laugh and walks on ahead. Sometimes, I wonder about Lindow.

After defeating the Chi-You, I understand Alisa's battle skills. She was just like me except she's more like Sakuya. They like to distance themselves to take the shot. Alisa didn't need my protection. She had everything under control. Lindow speak to Hibari to bring the chopper. I took the time to get materials. Alisa look at the cloud to find a bunny.

Kannon ask me for her help defeating Aragami. She wasn't much a fighter since she's a medic. I accept her offer. She was thrilled. She didn't mind if I want to add a few members. I want to play it safe. I ask Tasumi and Gina. It's an odd team. They were the only ones available. Hibari herself seems worried that more and more God eater are being deployed into mission a lot lately. I understand her concern. The more God eater on the field, the less they return home.