[12th;You'll notice]

Jimin

The smell of grilled beef wafted in the air as Jungkook and I entered the restaurant. Even though this is the common restaurant that we always went to, the same one that the seven of us frequent, I am still happy that Jungkook invited me. I can hardly remember the last time we ate with just us two, alone.

The old woman that knew us already greeted us and immediately ushered us to our usual booth at the very back of the restaurant where no unwanted eyes can see or disturb us.

"What do you want to order hyung?" Jungkook asked me, already browsing the menu. I giggled, "Jungkook-ah you act as if we're new here. I bet you can recite that menu with your eyes closed."

"Well, I am sorry for trying to make a conversation, hyung." Jungkook teasingly said, "We'll take the usual platter," Jungkook said to the woman taking our order, before I could protest that our usual platter is too much, he raised his finger as if to shush me and then added, "...also add a bottle of soju to that." The woman scurried off to prepare our order  and I immediately glared at Jungkook.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook why did you order a bottle of soju? And the platter? That's too much!" I said, still glaring, and as if to prove my point, the woman came in with the soju, beef, pork, and shrimp and a dozen of side dishes and sauces.

"You look like an angry baby chick, hyung." Jungkook grinned, "plus you need to eat more hyung! And the soju is okay, i bet you can finish the entire bottle yourself without even being tipsy."

"It's not my fault you're a light weight Jeon Jungkookie. And I don't look like a baby chick, if anyone here is the baby, it's you." I teased. He looked at me and I can feel my face burning as he answered, "yeah. Your baby." He smirked and i flailed my arms, god this maknae is trying to give me an aneurysm.

I was really flustered, but of course I can't let that show. "Yes. My baby bunny." I fired back. And he just grinned there like crazy while putting the meat in the grill. I can feel my heart beating like crazy, and suddenly im more aware of what we're doing. Jungkook and I are in a rough patch these past few days. What with the onslaught of him always picking all the other hyungs and Taehyung over me, but right now, he chose me and even if it's just once, maybe he doesn't hate me after all. Maybe, just right now, I can try to think that liking Jungkook, a man, is normal.

I watched him as he cooked the meat and put one in my plate. God, this feels like a date. I can feel myself getting flustered again. For a few minutes we remained in comfortable silence; him grilling meat and dumping most of it on my plate while i am trying to keep my heart beat on steady.

After he dumped enough meat for five men on my plate, he suddenly spoke nervously, "Hyung, I actually would like to ask if we're okay?"

"What do you mean if we're 'okay?'" I asked bewildered.

"Yoongi hyung haven't said anything to you?" He asked, a surprised look on his face.

"Tell me what?" I asked, concerned, did Yoongi hyung told Jungkook that I like him? I don't think Yoongi hyung would do that to me. I trust him. I looked at jungkook who is nervously scratching his nape, a thing he does whenever he's unsure or nervous.

"Never mind, hyung. C'mon let's eat and drink!" He said and poured soju in my cup.

We ate and drank, although I ended up drinking most of it because I won't allow this bunny to drink so much. To be honest it felt so good to have him across me, smiling and actually talking to me without him getting distracted by anyone else. Even if it's as this, as friends, im contented already. Although I know that when Jungkook inevitably finds himself a girlfriend... or a boyfriend, it will still hurt.

We bickered a lot just like the old times and it felt so good that he's not rejecting me or shying away from me. We finished eating and walked back to our apartment.

While walking, we talked and chatted just like the old times. And... Maybe it's the soju, maybe I am a bit tipsy, but while walking, I had just enough courage to intertwine our pinkie fingers together. He froze for a moment and I was ready for him to shake his hand away from mine but he just looked at me, with a blank face before resuming walking. He didnt break our fingers and we walked to the dorms with our pinkies intertwined. We resumed talking although he wasn't as energetic as before, I figured maybe he's tipsy and also tired. I almost wished we'd never reach the dorm. I want to be closer to him just like this every single day.

But as if to spite me, as if the universe just doesn't want to give me a single happy day, my illusion shattered as we reached the dorm, with Taehyung and Seokjin lounging on the sofa.

Jungkook removed our intertwined fingers as if he's burned and the moment Seokjin and Taehyung noticed us, Taehyung came bounding by the door,

"Yah Jiminnie! Why didn't you eat dinner with me? I am your best friend and soul mate why invite Jungkookie here?" Taehyung asked me as he pouted.

Before I could apologize to Taehyung, Jungkook opened his mouth to answer, "I invited him to eat Taehyungie hyung," Jungkook said as he ruffled Taehyung's hair, "...you we're at the studio earlier, you know. If I had seen you I would've invited you instead. We can go next time though." Jungkook explained and then he took off his coat and bid us all good night and walked directly towards his room. Not even sparing me another glance.

While Taehyung went back to the couch whining how he wants to eat with me instead of Jungkook and how I am his soulmate...

I stood there frozen at the doorway, the feeling that i had earlier immediately resurfacing but not as the warmth i felt when i was walking with Jungkook,

One sentence from him and i'm crumbling down again.

I just wished one day with Jungkook would end without me getting hurt.

Maybe this is a sign i should stop and move on?

Because at the end of the day, no matter how happy he made me feel, it seems i'm just Taehyung's replacement after all.

——————

Omg. Im so so so sorry. I stopped writing altogether. And gosh. Going back here... I will try to finish this story. I don't even know if anyone is still around to read this... if so, I want to have a vote goal of 20 before I continue to update.

Again, im so sorry.