Chapter 11. As pure as gold.

Jesse's POV.

I've tried anything. I screamed and called for Daizy, I fought against my restraints and crushed into walls, I tried touch her, struggled to do something for her to notice me. Nothing was working. Whenever my body merged hers, I came through her. As if I was a ghost, impossible to touch. Romeo, despite talking to amazed girl, also kept his eye on me, smirking at my useless attempts.

I couldn't give up. I was so close to freedom, that hope burning in my heart made me try more and more... And feel more and more pain, as I saw my only chance to defeat the monster slowly disappearing.

- Why keep trying, Jesse? - He asked me when Daizy ran off to the window to check up the breathtaking view. - You will only fail. Just surrender already, and it won't hurt that much.
- No. - I gritted my teeth, turning my head away from the imposter. - Never.
He, making sure the girl was distracted, grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. I resisted the urge to spit.

- There, there. - Romeo whispered, his fake eyes unnaturally kind. - It's only more interesting for me this way. You, humans... So fragile, but so stubborn. I would love watching you burn.
- That's so beautiful! - Daizy gasped and the Admin let go of me. - But why?
- Why? - The monster raised his eyebrow. - I'm not sure I understand you.

- You've made this whole world. - She turned to him. - You've built this wonderful castle. You've even created life!
The girl blushed at the last words.
- But why? - She continued. - Why did you create me? Did you have some sort of a grand plan?
- Well. - Romeo's eyes widened, he rubbed the back of his head. - I guess I was just being lonely, that's all.

Daizy frowned a little, her emotions changing from awe to concern. There was something about his answer she obviuosly didn't like, but I couldn't discover what it was. However, some part of me told my mind that whatever it was, it was very important. At least, for this girl.

- Daizy? - The Admin put his hand on her shoulder. - What's wrong, friend?
- Nothing. - She smiled, though this time her smile didn't look so sincere. - I'm happy to be your friend, Jesse. Thank you.
- You're always very welcome. - The imposter tugged on my chain. - Come on, you haven't seen the garden yet.
I groaned as I had to follow Romeo. With no way to communicate with Daizy, it wasn't easy for me to hold on.

We continued our way through the hallway, and even though I hated to admit it, I was impressed. Hundreds of different bedrooms, dining rooms, ballroom and other places I couldn't understand were huge, with high ceilings and such colours I hadn't even known existed. It was so completely different from my tiny prison, that sometimes it was impossible to believe that it was located in the same palace.

As we entered another empty room, I froze in shock. It wasn't different from the rest of the rooms, just two giant windows. But one of the walls was painted differently. I was staring at blue spots and lines, green circles and other things that seemed to be nothing important, but then it occured to me. It wasn't just a terrible abstract painting.

It was a map.

The longer I looked at it, the more and more familiar geographic places I could find. The river near Beacon Town, the Doom Sea, the mesa biom right next to the swamp. With no doubt, the map represented my world! Unless, of course, Romeo made the exact same world above mine, but it wasn't likely.

- Jesse? - Daizy interrupted my thoughts, pointing at the colourful wall. - What's that?
- Oh, this? - The Admin gazed at me. - I've tried to create a world a couple of times before I succeeded. They failed. This is a map of one of them. Nothing you have to worry about.
- But if that world was such a failure, - The girl touched the wall. - Then why do you keep it here?