Chapter 19. The end?

Trigger warning: blood.

Jesse's POV.

I refused to believe it. Daizy was sitting on the ground, shaking in fear and crying her soul out - and they didn't do a thing! My friends were standing there, eyes full of pity, but neither one of them moved, neither one said a word. And Petra... She had been holding me when Xara screamed at the young girl, she didn't allow me to fight. What was wrong with them?!

I knelt down near the girl, feeling her shaking, and, not knowing how the hell I should calm her down, put a hand on her shoulder. Daizy looked at me, her eyes red and swallen.
- I don't... I don't want to die. - She cried, hiccupping.
- I know. - I sighed sadly. - Nobody does.
Again, there was this tense silent, filled only by the girl's sobs and hiccups.

- Why was she like that? - She finally asked, wiping some of her tears away. - Did I do something wrong? I just wanted to live! Is-is that such a bad thing?
There was no sarcasm or anger in her voice. She actually didn't understand.
- No, it isn't. - Radar shook his head, coming closer. Daizy flinched but stayed still as he sat down near her. - She shouldn't have been so angry on you.

- Xara is extremely emotional. - Petra nodded, crossing her arms and huffing. I noticed that the girl was staring at her in some sort of a fear. - I bet, there were thousands of better ways to tell you the truth!
- What is the truth? - I looked at my friends. - What are we gonna do? Xara mentioned some Sacred Symbol and... Lambo? Limp-o?
- Limbo. - Lukas sighed. - It's like a special prison, from which nobody can escape. But, in order to open the portal to it, some ritual must be done.

- And a blood of a Wrongborn is one of ingredients. - Jack closed his eye. - I'm sorry, but that's how it works.
- Why can't we just talk? - Daizy hugged her knees even tightly. - That man, Romeo, he must want something! Why-why can't we just give it to him?
- We've tried. - I confessed. - We gave him lots of chances. But what he wants is people, who would follow him. Who would like him. And, judging by his actions, he doesn't understand the concept of friendship.

- But we-we were friends! - The girl exclaimed. - He was nice to me, and kind, and... And...
- He can pretend. - Jack shook his head. - He's a trickster, a liar. He wanted something from you in return, didn't he?
- All he wanted was for me not to betray him. - Daizy bit her lower lip. - Romeo seemed so... Alone.
- And, when you weren't looking, he was torturing me. - I shook my head. - Trust me, if he had any heart, he wouldn't have hurt so many people.

The girl sighed so sadly that my heart hurt and uncurled herself a little.
- So... - She gulped. - I don't have a choice, do I?
I just shook my head.
- I wish there was something we could do. - Radar patted her shoulder. - Like, some way to respawn you or something.

But there was none.

All too soon, Xara came out from the bushes, her gaze stern. Daizy flinched and looked up at her, shaking violently.
- I'm done. - The ex-Admin said, frowning at the girl. - Now it's your turn. Get up!
The young Wrongborn didn't move, probably, frozen with fear and depression. The purple-headed woman scoffed and took a step forward, only for Petra to point Miss Butter at her.
- Give her some time! - The beautiful, I mean, red-headed warrior growled. - She's scared!

- So what? - Xara groaned. - It doesn't matter! This is her destiny - get over it!
Before any of the two could say anything else, which would probably begin a fight, Daizy slowly stood up. She was still trembling in terror, her grip on the mirror so tight her knuckles became white, but in her eyes appeared unknown emotion. And it took me a second to realise what was.

Determination.

- It's okay. - The girl whispered, as if she talked any louder she wouldn't be able to hold on. - I-I-I'm ready to go.
All of us turned our heads to look at her. She stood still, not looking away and not sobbing anymore. Xara raised an eyebrow in weak confusion, but the next second she beaconed the girl.
- That's what I wanted to hear. - The ex-Admin nodded as Daizy slowly approached her, before disappearing in the bushes again. The girl turned around and looked at us, her eyes begging for us to follow them.