Chapter 16. Too easy.

Jesse's POV.

I couldn't fall asleep again after my nightmare, so the only thing I could do was explore the mirror land. It was indeed a room, I was able to touch almost all of the walls apart from the one, that was opposite to the screen wall. It actually felt like there was no wall there at all, that instead of a room it was an endless hallway. I tried to reach the back wall, but no matter how long I've been walking, there was none. To my surprise, the screen wall seemed to follow me, because it was always right behind me, as big as at the first time I had seen it.

These attempts to learn more about the mirror turned out to be useless but perfect for killing time. After what seemed like five minutes to me, I heard Daizy yawning and turned around to look at the screen wall. For a few seconds it was quiet, but then I saw the pillow being lifted off the mirror. The girl looked at me in disappointment, her face is a mess after hard night.
- Why couldn't it be a dream? - She sighed, rolling her eyes.
- I wish it was. - I replied. - But wishes don't usually come true in our lives.

I had to be careful. There was something weird about this girl, but as far I only noticed that she was acting a lot like any of the Admins. Her emotions were changing extremely fast.
Daizy groaned and rubbed her forehead.
- So... - She finally asked. - What do we do?
- First of all, we need to get as far from Romeo as we can. - I explained. - We can't let him find out the truth about this mirror.

- And how do I do that? - Daizy looked a little right and used her fingers to brush her dark hair. I figured she could still her see her reflection, so I stepped aside.
There was no time for me to answer. All of a sudden a loud thud echoed through the temple, making both of us flinch. The girl turned around and looked at the door, before standing up and reaching for the doorknob.

- What are you doing? - I asked as her fingers touched the metal.
- I want to see what's happenning. - She whispered back, but didn't open the door. Her light blue eyes met mine, and the girl bit her lower lip. I huffed as realisation appeared in her gaze.
- Oh. - Daizy gulped. - Right. We have to hide you... Somewhere.

- I can't see things when the mirror is hidden. - I replied. - But I can still hear everything and communicate with you. Just... Hide the mirror under your clothes so that only you can hear me, and it'll be fine.
She blushed as she lifted her T-shirt a little and tuckled my cell between her body and her purple shorts.

The glass of mirror faced the fabric and not her skin, so yeah... It was still pretty embarassing for both of us.

As soon as I could see nothing apart from the green T-shirt that covered all the screen wall, the girl began moving. Lucky for us, she was skinny, so the mirror couldn't be seen from outside... I hoped.
- You alright? - Daizy asked me quietly. She was walking through one of the hallways, I could notice some of the objects through the fabric.
- Fine. - I was glad when there was no echo after my answer. - You better care about yourself.
I literally had no idea how she was going to get out of there.

- I will, I will. - She sighed. - Actually, I think I have a plan.
- You do? - I gasped. Plan was the exact thing we needed back then.
- You might not like it. - The girl cleared her throat, before...
- JESSE!

I pressed my hands to my ears as she literally called my name out loud. What in the universe was the thinking?
- Daizy, what the hell?! - I asked as soon as the buzzing in my ears died down. - You have to be silent, remember?!
I barely had time to end the phrase, because all of a sudden a painfully familiar sound appeared. I instantly shut up, hoping Romeo hadn't heard me while teleporting himself here.

- Daizy? - He asked, sounding irritated. - Did you call?
- Yes. - She answered way too cheerful. - I, uh... How-how did you sleep?
I mentally slapped my face.
- Not so great. - The imposter sighed, and even in the magic mirror I still felt the sickening warmth coming from his body as he stepped closer to the girl. - I have important business, if you didn't notice.