Chapter 12. Mirror in my hand.

Jesse's POV.

I finally embraced my fail. There was no way I could contact Daizy - not until Romeo wants me to. But let's be realistic: he will never ever let her know I'm here. I didn't even bother fighting, just sat down leaning against the wall and stared into somewhere beyond this place. My conciousness returned back home, to the world where I was always welcomed.

I closed my eyes, remembering old days. Those days in the sun, when everything was so great. My friends, that were the most amazing people in the world. Our adventures together, where we were doing things people had believed to be impossible. I smiled as memories of those many, many years stood in front of my eyes. It felt like it had happened only yesterday - but also felt like I had been more than a millenuim ago.

I felt something warm falling down from my cheek on the floor. No, I did not cry! I used my shoulder to wipe the hot tears away, trying to stay strong. Not that I was ashamed to cry in front of a girl - she wouldn't see me anyway, but I didn't want to give Romeo satisfaction of seing me broken. I had to be tough! For myself, for my friends...

For Petra.

- That's weird. - Daizy murmured, standing up. Not interested, I turned around and saw her, staring at something shining in her hands. I raised an eyebrow, realising it was a mirror.
A small and pretty beautiful mirror, actually. Made of what seemed like see-through silver, it was decorated with unimaginable curves. The mirror was oval and, judging by the girl's loose grip, not really heavy.

I've never been interested in such sort of stuff, but Daizy was standing there in shock, her fingertips gently touching the beautiful frame. She smiled at her reflection, making it possible to see a small dimble in her right cheek. I must admit, she did look nice, so kind and naive... She was basically like a child!

A child that could save me, anyway.

A weird energy filled the room. Daizy seemed to notice it too, as she turned around, looking at the door. I knew the meaning of it - Romeo was coming back and my life was about to end.
- No. - I shook my head, backing away from the enterance. - No, not yet!
The energy became stronger, it was so powerful it gave me chills.

- Please. - I shouted desperately, a part of me still hoping the girl would hear. - Daizy, come on!
No answer. I had no time to waste - but I didn't have anything to lose.
- Help me! - I screamed, trying my hardest to push the girl, but, again, it didn't work out. - Daizy, help me! Please!

I shouldn't have said that. The exact same moment as those words came out from my mouth, the weird feeling became stronger. It didn't feel like Romeo was coming, I could feel like something was tugging my body in different directions. The time slowed down, but I still felt my every cell being ripped away from the rest of my body.
Agonising pain shot through my spine as I cried, rolling on the floor. Breathing became barely possible, I wasn't even sure I had my lungs anymore.

I don't know how long I was screaming and yelling in pain. The only thing I know is that eventually the pain seemed to slowly dissapear, leaving me laying on the cold floor, powerless. Breathing became easier, and I finally realised I had my eyes closed. Fighting back the urge to groan, I carefully opened my eyes.
The next second I clenched them shut, hoping it wasn't real. It couldn't be!

But as I layed there, I started to feel it as well. Well, first of all, I noticed that my hands were free of cuffs. The next thing I realised is that it suddenly became much cooler as than it used to be. And then I understood that the pressure of collar on my neck dissapeared.
- What the hell? - I whispered, opening my eyes once again.
It wasn't a dream. Instead of being in the castle room, I found myself in what seemed like white hall.