scene nine

ROR CHAPTER NINE

ROR CHAPTER NINE

"So no gentle nudge of the shoulder or wink?" Jack asks taking a handful of popcorn and shoving it into his mouth.

We were all at Jack's place having one of our annual movie night that have kind of become a ritual. When we all first met Jack was the only person who had cable between the three of us, so when we got closer he invited us over every Thursday to watch a movie and we never stopped coming.

"That's exactly what I said! But they gave her nothing, nada." Keeley exclaims.

"You guys are way too over dramatic, Emma practically already has the part and I only went to that reading because it was compensated." I tell them and Jack scoffs looking at me.

"So you're telling me that you didn't enjoy being Harlow even for a couple minutes while you were doing the reading?" Jack accuses and I grin sheepishly, he really did get me there.

"Fine. Okay I admit I did enjoy it but it's over and done, so can we please stop talking about it?" I plead and Jack holds his hands up mock surrendering then turns to Keeley who's on the armchair across from him.

"Have you heard anything from Nova?" Jack asks referring to the huge stylist assistant job that Keeley interviewed for a couple weeks ago.

"Not yet, they said they'd email by this week and it's already Wednesday."

"I'm sure you'll hear from them soon, there's no way they wouldn't hire you." I comfort her and Keeley gives me a thankful smile.

"Okay enough of this, we need some movie pick me ups. Vee, it's your turn to choose." Jack instructs from next to me on the couch and I grin happily.

"Don't pick one of Jack's trash action movies!" Keeley laughs and Jack glares at her as I get up off the couch.

"Please, all of his movies are trash." I snort jokingly and Jack lets out an offended breath of air.

I grab the remote from the coffee table and walk back to the couch while flipping through the channels trying to find a movie.

"Wait stop!" Keeley exclaims excitedly and I turn to her giving her a questioning look.

"Ten Things I Hate About You, it was on that last channel."

I decide to give in and I change the channel back to free form where it's playing and sit back onto the couch. I lay my head on Jack's shoulder bringing the blanket even tighter around me before turning my attention back to the television screen and watch as the opening credits fill the screen.