17

With the peak master gone, there was no one in his courtyard that would take care of it. So of course, Fu JiangShan would take it upon himself to do that.

With a smile on his face, he entered the silent and empty place, a broom in his hand. Lu YanShui generally did not put up a barrier around his courtyard, as it would hinder his inner disciples that would want to search for him for one thing or another. Thus, Fu JiangShan was able to enter without a fuss.

He began by cleaning the main area, and then moved on towards the inner rooms. He began to clean it one by one, making sure that there was no dust in the rooms.

Just then, he went into FengYin's room.

Even though the youth wasn't staying in Lu YanShui's courtyard at that moment, most of his things were still there, such as some of his clothes, and the spirit grass that he wasn't able to take with him.

Fu JiangShan saw the spirit grass in the empty room, and he frowned.

Then, he saw the clothes next to the spirit grass, and his face darkened.

These clothes... weren't these that brat's clothes?

The wooden broom clattered to the floor, as Fu JiangShan let go of it.

If so, then these spirit grass...did the brat steal them?

That brat wasn't an inner disciple, so he had no authority to enter the spirit grass storage room. So, the only reason why that brat would have these spirit grass was that he stole them.

That brat! Fu JiangShan's face held a sneer. The peak master took him in, and this is how he repaid him? By stealing the peak's spirit grass?

The most obvious thing to do, as the peak master's first inner disciple was obviously to discipline him!

However, he didn't see the brat anywhere. Fu JiangShan's eyes narrowed, as he set the clothes and spirit grass back, be careful not to leave a trace of him anywhere. He would have to search for him and think of a way to separate that brat from the peak master.

With this in thought, Fu JiangShan left the courtyard with a resolute heart.

_____________

FengYin sighed, looking out at the scenery. He was so bored.

Speaking of which, doesn't this peak has a lot of plum blossoms..... They were everywhere.

FengYin sighed, agitation rising in his heart. He wanted to go to the refining room and refine some pills, but he felt like his legs were lead and his body was stone.

He felt too lazy to walk.

He wondered when the old man would return, but it was not because that he missed the old man. It was because with the old man here, it felt more lively.

Even if he liked the peace and quiet, too much silence would gradually feel overwhelming to him. He would rather prefer the booms and clatters that would happen when the old man refines some pills,  than this stifling silence caused by the absence of people.

He sighed again for the nth time that day, and wordlessly got up from the chair. He walked around his room aimlessly, before deciding that he will just go to the old man's library to read.

However, just as he was about to take a foot out of his room, he heard a voice calling out.

It sounded familiar...

"Xu FengYin!!"

It really, really sounded familiar.....

After FengYin realised who it was, he wished that he could claim temporary amnesia so that he can ignore the person who's calling him right now.