18.

It was dark.

Some time has passed by since he was locked into this cave. He had no way of telling the time, there was only darkness around him.

It was dark.

It was also as cold as it was dark.

There was cold, cold, and more coldness around him. He thought he saw something glimmer at the edge of his sight, but he blinked and it was gone. He could feel himself shivering.

He wrapped his robes tigher around him, trying to salvage what warmth was left on his body.

But it was futile. No matter how hard he tried, he can't escape the biting chill that surrounded him.

....A bright light.

What was that?

Unknowingly, he had closed his eyes. It did not matter if he did or did not, as the cave was too dark to truly make anything out.

However, the light....

He opened his eyes. The cold wasn't messing with his brain. There was something shining in this cave.

Even though he was curious.....

...............

Thinking again, isn't this.... the route of the main character?

Typically, most main characters go through the route of blackening. They would encounter someone who has a grudge on them, and that someone would push the main characters off a proverbial or literal cliff. That main character would then be thrown into an abyss, where they would blacken and find some ultra-powerful secret cultivation method...

But wait, isn't he the minor villain? Wasn't he supposed to be that person who pushed the main character off the cliff?

FengYin didn't know why, but he felt as if he'd done that before...

Wait. Back to this.

His mind was thibking so fast, it felt like a treadmill. He tried to think of the possibilities of him actually being the main character, and tried so hard to shoot all of it down.

Hey, people would like to be the protagonist. Just... Just not him.

He would prefer being the NPC who is always in the background. He would prefer being the cameo disciple who only lingers once or twice, mentioned once and then forgotten, appear only several times and then can do whatever he wants directly after.

If he was truly... no, that was too scary. He'll decide, whatever he'll do, he'll become an NPC in WanYuan peak, and live peacefully-

.... All of a sudden, he was reminded of why he was pushed into this cave.

He bit his thumb, a nervous tick that he hadn't fully rid off in this world.

Was Fu JiangShan telling the truth? Did he really come on behalf of Lu YanShui?

....Lu YanShui told him to keep the spirit grass. Was this his endgame? Was this what he was trying to achieve?

In the beginning, Lu YanShui hated him. Then, he suddenly acted better. Was this a tactic for him to get rid of him easier...?

...It might be. He was, after all, the second son of the Xu Clan. While he may not be as important as ZhongYi, or doted upon like LongYue, he was still their siblings. It would be illogical if Lu YanShui wanted to get rid of him by showing his displeasure, and Xu Father would question Lu YanShui about this.

Thus, this.... was completely logical. As someone who had been caught stealing, no matter if he was the young master of the Xu Clan or not, they must show impartiality and punish him.